Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any experience with this happening? I have tested everything and it is definitely the 1206 that is the weak link in the chain.
I contacted dietz and they told me to play around with the controllers on the PCB but not much happened. I think I got a faulty module... which sucks because I have to ship it back to germany just to get it looked at.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
I remember hearing one other case of exactly this - can't remember if it was here or on tyresmoke.net though.

Almost certainly is a faulty Dietz module.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw another similar case somewhere too, but that ended up being dodgy LCD screens. I am sure mine is the dietz's fault though, because I have tested the screens with several other inputs and they are fine.

I guess I just have to pay the postage...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm actually awaiting it. I was out of town, and i had to get my car serviced, so I finally got a chance to send it on Monday.

The seller I bought it from (powertony) is going to send me a new one out of his stock supply and send the faulty one to dietz. Very cool move and I'm very appreciative. Unfortunately, I won't see if they are able to repair it. I can certainly ask tony how they handle it though and let you know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No need to go to any trouble I know what I have to do: pull my interior apart and remove the module then pay the postage and send my module off to germany. So much trouble! :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts