Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my DICE Audi-T2 iPod link today and hooked it up to my RNS-E. While the basic functionality works, it has some rough edges that I'm trying to work out:

- iPod doesn't pause when ignition or RNS-E are turned off -- it happily keeps playing. VERY annoying
- RNS-E doesn't really know how many tracks are in the album/playlist you're playing, it seems going past the last track yields kindof unpredictable results -- mildly annoying
- one can very clearly hear that the DICE adapter is generating some sort of static when it's talking to the iPod, slightly annoying, particularly when the car is turned off, but the amps are still on

This is with a 3G iPod. Is anybody running this setup? Has anybody resolved some of these issues? Do other iPod integrations work better?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did some more testing today. Looks like the most annoying problem -- the pause/resume -- is an issue with the 3G iPod (the one that had the four buttons and no clickwheel). I tried out the my friends new iPod Video 60GB today, and the pause/resume worked flawlessly with that.

The software still seemed somewhat buggy though. The noise (which I could live with) remains. So do the issues with lack of sync between iPod and track list.

Overall, it feels rather flaky. I had some situations with the 3G iPod also where the RNS-E couldn't control the iPod at all.

I wonder whether I should get a new iPod just for this... :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
no that is not the same as the Gateway 400, the Gateway 400 allows you to keep your OEM CD changer.

AFAIK this is the same as the icelink plus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts