Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I've got a factory installed rns-d unit on my A6 late 2000. It had a telephone connection plus cd-changer. I decided to refit this unit with rns-e european version. Got my cable from kufatec and there were two wires loose to connect to CANH/CANL, that's where I'm stuck. I had a 26-pin-blue telephone connector and it had a CANL/CANH wires on pin 13/26 respectively. When I VAG the unit it says "No signal/No communication on CAN Infotainment". I see that people writing about TMC tuner bridging, what pins should I wire CANL/CANH to? Or maybe there's another way out? Any help would be appreciated.

P.s. no illumination on knobs, no auto startup, quits after 30 min

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Bridge on the TMC unit, behind the cluster/knee plate the TMC 12 pin connector, join the antenna connections and bridge the TMC HIGH to HIGH, LOW to LOW.

·
Registered
15 Posts
rns-e install in rs6

Bridge on the TMC unit, behind the cluster/knee plate the TMC 12 pin connector, join the antenna connections and bridge the TMC HIGH to HIGH, LOW to LOW.
hi craigyb can u help me as i have the same prob as the guy who opened this thred, wher is the tmc unit and also u say nee plate the tmc 12 pin connector what do u mean by that? also u say join the antenna connections to what? and bridge the high to high low to low do u mean just connect a wire from high to high and low to low? and is this done from th tmc connector? tnx

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts