Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering for those who have this setup (the DICE Link Plus with the RNS), whether or not the I-POD ID3 info (Track,Playlist,etc) is displayed on the RNS screen? I don't really want my I-pod on display (dashmount etc).

Perhaps some pics if possible would be great :D

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
sh500 said:
Hi all,

Just wondering for those who have this setup (the DICE Link Plus with the RNS), whether or not the I-POD ID3 info (Track,Playlist,etc) is displayed on the RNS screen? I don't really want my I-pod on display (dashmount etc).

Perhaps some pics if possible would be great :D

Many thanks.
ANY iPod interface that connects to an Audi head unit via the CD changer port (Audi, Dension, DICE, etc.) CANNOT display the ID3 information on the head unit ....because the Audi CD changer interface does not support CD text so there is no method for the iPod to pass the track data to the head unit.

All you get is 6 virtual CD's. CD 1 thru 5 are the first 5 playlists on your iPod, CD 6 is all the files on your iPod.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, that is a great shame. I would have thought that the higher models (RNS D/E) had support for this. I have a 10 year old Kenwood faceoff stereo that has support for CD Text!

That's put a downer on things!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.