Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member to this site and was hoping that someone could help with a question that I have.

My wife just took delivery of a new A4 Cabriolet with Navigation and Bluetooth. The car had no owners manual of any kind when we picked it up. The dealer promised to order a manual but I'm somewhat skeptical of just what I'll be getting.

Could someone please describe all that came with their car in regards to owners manual, supplemental manuals for Nav and BT, DVD's, updated maps, etc. ?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi - eeek! What a dealer! You should have got quite a good support package:

Mine, from Audi Ipswich, UK, for a pre-owned allroad consisted of two packages:

1) Ring Binder (about 8" x 9") containing delivery related info
2) Folder(similar size) containing user guides

Delivery Info consisted of:
a) Completed 110 point pre-sales multi point check list certificate
b) Vehicle provenance, mileage and service history checks (not relevant for new vehicle)
c) 30 day/1,000 mile no quibble 'right to exchange' agreement
d) Audi approved vehicle guarantee
e) Completed 15 point handover checklist
f) Vehicle Registration document (This is UK government legal document showing the record of the registered keeper - who may not be the owner)
g) Ministry of Transport Test Certificate - required in UK for all vehicles over 3 years old to show that they are 'safe' for use on the road
h) The invoice
i) Certificate of Motor Insurance (I have to provide this in order for the dealer to arrange the Vehicle Excise Duty - another UK Government legal requirement to permit use on the road - currently £165 for a diesel allroad for 12 months.
j) and finally, a place to keep service bills and accessory invoices.

The 'Guide' Folder contained:
a) Quick reference guide for Audi allroad quattro
b) Audi allroad quattro Owner's manual (352 pages of it)
c) Audi Child safety seat supplement
d) Audi A6 allroad Quattro Towing Bar Installation and use instructions
e) Audi Symphony Sound Sytem Operating Instructions (49 pages)
f) Symphony 'PIN' number - the card for this had not been passed on by the previous owner, but the dealership happily connected the car up to their interface equipment and obtained the 'PIN' for me - I understand this comes from a 'lookup' table at Audi HQ, it cannot be deduced from the Radio serial number.
g) I subsequently obtained the RNS-E Quick Reference guide and
h) The Audi Navigation System plus (RNS-E) Operatying Instructions for $5 from Audi USA (197 pages). This covers General Operation, Radio, CD and SD card, Name directory, Telephone operation, Navigation and Nav Info operation, and a small section called 'Setup'

I'll do a quick plug for Audi USA and FEDEX here - I wanted the guide fast, so I paid extra for Express delivery - I had it in my hands here in the UK within 36 hours of ordering it. Quite remarkable service. I could also have got it from my UK dealer - I've seen a post saying they charge £7.50 for it.

i) The 'PIN' number for the RNS-E - this was provided with the RNS-E by 'Haaggie' who is one of the trusted brokers on this site

Trust that this helps when you return to your dealer. You appear to have had very poor service from them - I suggest you mention you want to offer them a chance to redeem themselves before contacting Audi H/Q in your country. If necessary, write to Audi AG in Germany, they will fall over backwards to sort this out for you. It's not Audi.

Bob

·
Registered
112 Posts
Important Addendum

oops! Forgot the most important bit of documentation:

Audi Service schedule (43 page booklet). This shows your entitlement to warranty service, a record of what options are fitted to the car, service details and the service record itself. You want this! You really, really do.

Bob

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
half_a_florin said:
Hi - eeek! What a dealer! You should have got quite a good support package:

Mine, from Audi Ipswich, UK, for a pre-owned allroad consisted of two packages:

Bob
Are you from Ipswich?

Did they find this serial killer yet?

·
Registered