Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a RNS-E in my 2004 B6 S4 and I noticed the display always uses "Night" mode when I select "Auto" in the setup menu. This happens regardless of the time of day, ambient brightness, or whether my headlights are on/auto/off. When I cover the sensor by the speedometer the display does dim, so at least I know a signal is getting to the RNS-E, however the only way I can get the display to use the "Day" mode is to force it via the setup menu. Does anybody have any idea what is causing this ?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Night mod is always used when the lights are on. If you have enabled Canadian nor Northern European Daylight Running Lights, the RNS-E will always be in night mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, that explains things... I do live in Canada, and I have daytime running lights. Is there anyway i can modify the behavior of the display to only go into night mode when the headlights are on as opposed to the fog lights which are used for daytime running lights ? Is there a VAG code or something for it ? Thanks for your help !

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I don't think so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.