Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 days ago, heading south on I85 north of Atlanta, map displayed, not routing. I took the exit for route 285 west. As the exit ramp diverged from 85, I could see that the cursor was "sticking" to 85. then, I went through a short underpass, which blocked the signal for a few seconds.

When I looked at it again a few minutes after the merge with the traffic on 285, I noticed that it showed my position somewhere in downtown Atlanta, about 20 miles south. It kept trying to lock onto the roads on the map.
The heading was right, but the position was way off. It kept doing this until I reached my destination, where I went into engineering mode and verfied that it had good signal from six satellites.
I shut the car off, and when I went out for lunch, it was showing the correct position again.

So, for some reason, perhaps due to gradual road switch and the signal interruption, the displayed position "snapped' to nearly 20 miles south, and it never re-synced again for the duration of the trip.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i haven't had that happen in my (relatively short) experience with the RNS-E. In fact, while driving through the Lincoln and Holland tunnels in NYC, the maps were spot on, even displaying the "water" as I travelled through both tunnels and was spot on when I emerged from both. My GPS antenna is currently mounted in the fuse box area but I am planning on utilizing the sharkfin antenna as soon as I get some time to pick up the cable from the dealership.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts