Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I attempt to create a new route, I always/only get the option for a route with layovers...is this because I have a current route loaded and RNSE assumes I want to add to that current route?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Upper right MMI button, Route Options, lets you choose whether or not your route has stop overs.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Upper right MMI button, Route Options, lets you choose whether or not your route has stop overs.
Yes, understood. Tell me this. If I already input a new Destination. And then select as you noted above, while the previous route is loaded...will I still have an option to create a new route with a stop over or will it prompt only for a route with a stop over.

And since I am opening this thought... How many stop overs can be in one route? Consider this... There are a few mountain drives I do that have ten to twelve different roads to follow. How best might I link the roads together to have one continuous tour that is the product of a number of shorter routes?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you are on a route without stopover you can go there and change to route with stop over and get the option to add a stop over (up to three IIRC). As long as you have "with stopver" enabled, you will need to delete any stopover and just change the final destination. Sorry, I got tired of the stopover feagture and we don't have any mountains here. So I usually just ignore the navi lady and let her find an alternative route once I got where I wanted to go.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Sorry, I got tired of the stopover feagture and we don't have any mountains here. So I usually just ignore the navi lady and let her find an alternative route once I got where I wanted to go.
:lol:

We have a number of routes we tack depending on a number of factors...so I would need to change the routes appropriately..and since, like my wife, the NAV lady looks for the shortest, not most fun route...leaving it up to her would only find me at Nordstrom's...

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.