Audi Forum banner

201 - 220 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting this.

For clarity: I have an '08 A4 Avant. For this I need one 8E9035225Q to replace the existing antenna amp that was used with the Symphony2+. It is located in the back above the sat radio box just below the window, correct?

·
Registered
30 Posts
2008 TT, 3,2 conv. (US)

Hello as the new guy, I read every entry in this thread (don't want to be considered lazy) and I found virtually nothing about the TT's.

So here is my question. I am getting ready to convert the car to the RNS-E navigation. I do not have access to a parts catalog.
What do I have to expect in regard to the antenna system (or what is the difference) between the radio and the navigation setup?

Gernot

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello again,
since posting the above question ( and considering that I got no answers) I signed up with erwin.audiusa and bought one of their flatrate sessions.
I printed ( about 500 pages, since you can not save anything on your computer with the flatrate I bought) all relevant information on the 8J TT.

And, oboy, I can tell you now there is a lot of info there.

The most interesting manual is the 110 page "Communication" manual.

It basically describes all the different antenna, radio, nav., satellite, sound, telephone, CD player, Ipod interfaces systems, the difference between the coupe
and the cabrio, the locations and last not least the R & R procedures.

Reading the manual I came up with an other question. They talk about 4 different navigation systems. The first one being the RNS-E. That one is
followed by the RNS-JP4, the RNS-JP 5 and the RNS-lite.

Even since I don't think that that concerns my a lot, I would like to know what the differences are.
Anybody who's is able to shed light on that issue?

Gernot

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
They talk about 4 different navigation systems. The first one being the RNS-E. That one is
followed by the RNS-JP4, the RNS-JP 5 and the RNS-lite.
RNS-JP4 and RNS-JP5 are Japanese market only, so you can ignore them.#

RNS-Lite is the BNS (either -4 or -5) so you ignore that too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks Dave,

for resolving that mystery.

Now, I think I finally figured it out. The only change between the coupe and the cabrio is the J515 (the antenna selection module).
All other components are the same.

I wonder whether the coax (the antenna lines) are routed the same way (it would make sense) and the placeholder for the J515
is a junction box ?

Since I am at work (testing FPA's for the James Webb Space telescope) and therefore currently have no access to the wife's car, is that
a question you are able to answer Dave ?

Gernot

·
Registered
357 Posts
You would need the 35643-1 system to upgrade your antenna system to the RNS antenna system, this should correct the issues.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yes I'd like to thank John for his hard work :) me & a mate did this mod other day, gotta do this for another customer aswell shortly, so kudos to John.

Dont worry John, seems my stronic gearknob mod has made millions for audi, still waiting for my commission cheque to arrive, lmfao

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting this.

For clarity: I have an '08 A4 Avant. For this I need one 8E9035225Q to replace the existing antenna amp that was used with the Symphony2+. It is located in the back above the sat radio box just below the window, correct?
A few members have started to work on the A4 solution but no one has come up with a definite fix. You have the correct location for the amp in an avant. Please post back if you find a solution.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hello as the new guy, I read every entry in this thread (don't want to be considered lazy) and I found virtually nothing about the TT's.

So here is my question. I am getting ready to convert the car to the RNS-E navigation. I do not have access to a parts catalog.
What do I have to expect in regard to the antenna system (or what is the difference) between the radio and the navigation setup?

Gernot
Its the same principle, you need to change the HF/HF system for the older ZF/HF system. IIRC the cabrio has the antennas in the front screen and the amps on the "A" pillars. However that's as far as my knowledge goes...

·
Registered
4 Posts
You would need the 35643-1 system to upgrade your antenna system to the RNS antenna system, this should correct the issues.
I've send Kufatec an email, but there are 2 problems:
- the module is working for concert and symphonie, but they don't guarantee it will work for Chorus III (double din)
- in the note they mention it is only valid for cars up to 2009 model year, mine is 2011 model year

What do you think? Will it work? It costs 160€=230$. So that is a lot of money if it doesn't work.

or can I just work with just an antenne adapter?
KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG - Audi Antennenadapter Diversity Radio auf RNS-E 34403

Thanks a lot for your help

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello again,
since posting the above question ( and considering that I got no answers) I signed up with erwin.audiusa and bought one of their flatrate sessions.
I printed ( about 500 pages, since you can not save anything on your computer with the flatrate I bought) all relevant information on the 8J TT.

And, oboy, I can tell you now there is a lot of info there.

The most interesting manual is the 110 page "Communication" manual.

It basically describes all the different antenna, radio, nav., satellite, sound, telephone, CD player, Ipod interfaces systems, the difference between the coupe
and the cabrio, the locations and last not least the R & R procedures.

Gernot
Hi Gernot, have you got any success on converting to RNS-E antennas? What are the part numbers involved? It would be great if you can share your findings. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A few members have started to work on the A4 solution but no one has come up with a definite fix. You have the correct location for the amp in an avant. Please post back if you find a solution.
I thought Winblows had the sollution, what is he missing ? Changing the AF to an older P or Q will resolve the issues, or am i completly lost ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Gernot, have you got any success on converting to RNS-E antennas? What are the part numbers involved? It would be great if you can share your findings. Thanks.
Well, I first have to apologize for tacking so long to answer. I don't like to be considered on one day fly.
What happened is, that some time shortly after posting last, I could not get ( or find the forum ). I tried for some time , but I always failed to connect.
So, today, I actually searched on Googgle for " what happened to audiforum.us " and I finally got the forum back.
I really don't know what happened.

The changeover from the factory radio to the RNS E was an absolute no brainer. The hardest part was getting the old radio out, since the tools, 4 cheap stamped hooks, cut into your fingers like hell when applied. I did not even need the supplied plug. I just put the nav. antenna under the dash (using the radio cutout) plugged in the fakra connectors pushed the radio in and done. (Except the coding, which was easy too).
FM reception is good and I actually have not checked AM reception. I did not anything to the antenna system.
I will see how AM works and report.

In the meanwhile I got the camera adapter, the right camera (license plate light) and a wireless camera module for the car, which I will try to install in the coming month. At the same time I will try to get the voice recognition to work.

Gernot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your reply, but can you explain why changing the channel forward and back again gives me a good signal.
Hi, I have exactly the same problem! I recently switched from Concert III to RNS E 193 G (haven't tried diversity box yet...). Bob, did you find a solution to your problem, as I understand the diversity box was not helpful for you?

I know for a fact that it's not due to any AF bug, because where I am, there is no AF for the station I'm testing. I'm wondering if the diversity box would solve my problem or not.

Thanks!

201 - 220 of 234 Posts