Audi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for converting Itunes M4a files to MP3 format for SD card? I'm on a Mac platform, running OS X 10.4.8, and the latest Itunes. Just trying to get music I own to format readable by the RNSE.

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
29 Posts
You should be able to do the conversion on Itunes. Highlight the selections from your library and then click the conversion function on one of the menu dropdowns. Sorry, but I'm not at home right now so don't remember exactly which menu it is in.

·
Registered
515 Posts
as the other person said.. iTunes can convert m4a to mp3 unless it was purchased from iTunes Store (a trick for that later)..

simply highlight the music you want to convert; under ADVANCED select CONVERT SELECTION TO MP3.. i guess i cant say 100% that this function is available on MAC, but it is for sure on PC.. one downside is (if memory serves correctly), it does not replace the m4a.. so then you have to go back and delete the m4a so you dont have 2 versions of the song taking up space.. you can test with just 1 or 2 songs..

then go into EDIT, PREFERENCES, IMPORT and change the file type to MP3 (default is ACC or M4A).. now all future imports will be MP3..

for songs purchased on iTunes, you will have to waste some CDs..
- if you purchased complete albums
... create a playlist with the songs from the album in the correct order
... burn an audio CD
... import the songs back into iTunes (make sure you are importing as MP3).. iTunes will ask if you want to replace purchased songs -- say YES..

- for singles, individual, random songs
... create a playlist with the purchased songs (you can fit ~15-20 songs on an audio CD -- unfortunately iTunes does not display how much space in left on an audio CD)
... burn an audio CD, but DO NOT EJECT THE DISK!!!.. if you keep the disk in, all the song info will automatically show up.. once you eject the disk you will lose all the track info on the CD and it will show up as track01, track02, etc..
... import the songs back into iTunes (make sure you are importing as MP3).. iTunes will ask if you want to replace purchased songs -- say YES..

once your songs are all mp3, you can just drag them straight from iTunes to your SD card..

hope this helps..

·
Registered
8 Posts
fritzner, Great run though.

Now about getting the songs placed on the SD card. Can a person using iTunes just drag a set song list to the SD card?
If so, will the songs play in that order?

I have read about some who have placed songs into folders to serve as albums.

What is the best process of getting songs which are MP3 and in iTunes on to a SD card and ordered in a playlist type list?

·
Registered
515 Posts
yes you can just drag songs from iTunes to your SD card, but they will end up in alphabetical order..

you can also right click (PC) on a song, and select "show song file in windows explorer", then drag the folder to your SD..

i dont use playlists, but there was a great write-up here somewhere.. search for playlist and you should find it..

you will have to add all the songs you want to SD card 1st, then create playlist using the songs on the SD card (NOT your PC) and save the playlist as an m3u.. iTunes can not do this as far as i know..

·
Registered
1 Posts
For Mac user, you can use iTunes to finish the conversion of M4A TO MP3. Firstly, open iTunes and click "File” button followed by the “Add Folder to Library” option. Then change the import settings by Hitting the “Import Settings” button, choose “MP3 Encoder” before hitting the “OK” button. To start the covnersion, just hit the “Advanced” option and select “Create MP3 Version” to save the M4A files as MP3 in the iTunes application. You can also choose a converter on the Internet to convert M4A TO MP3. You can keep the files forever and listen to apple music offline. Most importantly, it enables you to listen to them anytime and anywhere. No need to worry about the network is good or bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have use a converter from DumpMedia that removes drm from iTunes. My friend recommended before. After downloading the app, I can convert my iTunes music to mp3 format on my pc. It helps me a lot especially for the free-trial period. On my windows computer, I can make a conversion in 15 days before purchasing it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts