Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I've been visiting this site for a while now and I've found a lot of useful info, keep up the good work. I registered because I have a question/problem and I couldn't find the answer on the site. I bought a US A3 with NAVplus last year, now I've imported it back to the Netherlands where I live. You'll probably see the problem already; and yes, the unit will not work with european DVD's. If anybody could help me or knows how to recode it or what should be done to make it work, please help.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
It is possible. First you must get a Euro DVD, any original DVD should work but I have only tested this with the Euro 2005 DVD and sw 0140 and older. And you need a VAG-COM. Once you got both, email me and I tell you how to proceed.

You will loose any warranty you may have left and Audi may not touch your RNS-E anymore, something to think about before loading the software from another region.

And it is a one way path once you install the Euro 0450 software because the US 0110 software doesn't work on such an RNS-E anymore. As long as you stay with the 2005_2 or older DVD you should be able to go back but once you used the 2006 or 2006_1 DVD you can only run Euro software.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been to my local dealer the other day. Connected vag com and tried the newest european dvd 2006_1. Couldn't get it to work. I'm not really happy with the warranty loss. I planned on taking a road trip to Ingolstadt tommorow. So I was going to convince audi germany to 'repair' my nav unit. At least I'm glad I know now that if they say 'it cannot be done' that I should look for somebody that does know how to do it.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There is no official (read: supported or warranted) way to convert your US RNS-E to make it read the Euro DVD or vice versa. Audi's official response will be to buy a new one that matches the region the unit will get use in. This has happened several times to people who got US spec cars in Germany and also a couple of times to people who brought their US spec car with them back to Europe.

In Europe you won't get your 4 year /50k miles warranty anyway, unless you visit a dealer who is authorized to do US warranty work.

As I said, it is possible (I'm currenlty using a 8E0 035 192 E RNS-E with the Euro 0100 software to complete some "tests") but you may run into issue further down the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts