Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time getting the pins out of the B connector at the back of the RNS-e. Any suggestions? I've tried pins, paperclips, small screwdriver, etc. with no luck. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You don't need these tools for the terminals used in connectors B or C...only for connectors A and D of the quadlock.

The terminals in B and C should only have one locking tab which does not require a special tool.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Slide the coloured locking tab out (it usually goes upwards), then you should be able to get the terminals out using just a small (jewellers) screwdriver.

·
Registered
996 Posts
hoenlere said:
I'm having a hard time getting the pins out of the B connector at the back of the RNS-e. Any suggestions? I've tried pins, paperclips, small screwdriver, etc. with no luck. Any help is appreciated!
Depends on the type of harness that you have. If your harness came from euro-parts.us then you can insert a small jewelers screwdriver in the front opening and tilt it up a bit to unhook the little latch on those pins. It's a finnese thing....so it will take some time.

This is what the pin will look like:
http://www.nsxjr.com/partpix/000-979-009.JPG

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts