Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...

i recently bought a RNS-E from ebay and i change it with my old RNS-D in my 2002 Allroad...

I use the cabling kit from kufatech and all seem to work well but it's not fully true...

My RNS-E don't light the button when i turn on the light of the car and the DIS are not showing the directions or the radio channell...

I look on internet and i found that i should connect the pin-9 and the pin-10 on the D connector to the canbus... I found the canbus on the blue connector on my old RNS-D, i connect but.. nothing...

Someone can help me??

P.S. I'm sorry for my poor english... i'm italian guy... ;-)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If your RNS-D was factory installed then you have to bridge the CAN wires at the TMC tuner or get CAN from the cluster directly. The RNS-D wasn't connect the CAN Infotainment but to the Bosch CAN that only exists between the RNS-D and the TMC tuner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot!

but were i can find the TMC tuner? and where i have to connect it in the cluster??

What is your best choice?

Thanks again!!...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
No idea where it sits in the A6, in the A4 B6 it was mounted behind the left trim in the trunk. But I'm sure one of A6 experts will know the answer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Remove the lower dash plastic underneath the drivers side (where the relays reside)...you will see near the center console the metal TMC box (tucked up and at an angle) ..disconnect the black plug..and bridge the relevant wires...I can't remember off hand..but if you do a search you will find the wiring schematics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts