Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy i live in portugal and recently bought a used audi a6(new model 10/2004) with gps navigation and dvd is this RNS- E or MMI ? i want to upgrade my DVD map wich one should i bought? must i be aware of some particular codes? just put the newest DVD and it´s done ?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
New A6, new A8 and Q7 are all MMI, not RNS-E (I think that's been said a hundred times or more here).

The latest DVD for MMI is Part Number 4E0 919 884 Version AF - this has been available since late Spring 2006.

Just insert this and it will do the updates automatically.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Not strictly true, if your car is 2004, then I would suggest you get it serviced and updated, unlike the RNS-E DVD, the MMI DVD only updates the navigation software and not the rest of the car entertainmnet systems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank´s for the reply i was confused because i chated with an ebay member that was selling the latest DVD for MMI and it said Audi A6» 12/05
and when i asked him he said that i couldt use it on my car...now if i understand your replies to update mi MMI software it must be done in a normal service at AUDI the DVD only updates the map data.( so i can buy it)
1- what is it the latest software update
2- where can i check for it in my car
3- the update in the service is paid?
4- Does the latest update has bird view on the map?

Thank´s

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
acac said:
Thank´s for the reply i was confused because i chated with an ebay member that was selling the latest DVD for MMI and it said Audi A6» 12/05
and when i asked him he said that i couldt use it on my car...now if i understand your replies to update mi MMI software it must be done in a normal service at AUDI the DVD only updates the map data.( so i can buy it)
1- what is it the latest software update
2- where can i check for it in my car
3- the update in the service is paid?
4- Does the latest update has bird view on the map?

Thank´s
The latest version of MMI in A6 shoud be 2860.
If you want to check yours you have to press and hold
- [SETUP] and [RETURN] keep some seconds pressed, however begin with the SETUP key.
- Then look (interface box selected)under “SW-indexâ€.
If you have a version lower then 2120 an upgrade is suggested.
I have the Update CD P.N. 4E0 906 961 L which do the update to version 2120 but it's not free.
With the actual MMI 2006 DVD there is a "panoramic"view but in reality it's a 2D view.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My data shows:

SW C6-HU 6350 05.0.00413
HW C6-HU 6351D2.0

FC SW 03501AFC6AB320870
FC PS 0970 FC HW:07

Iis it up to date? what does it mean?

·
Registered
819 Posts
That is out of date, you could try and ask your local dealer to update the MMI, but I would be shocked if they did the update for free.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
acac said:
My data shows:

SW C6-HU 6350 05.0.00413
HW C6-HU 6351D2.0

FC SW 03501AFC6AB320870
FC PS 0970 FC HW:07

Iis it up to date? what does it mean?
It means your firmware is 0500 and the last version is 3460 so an update is suggested.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The adavantages of update are related to an improvement of performance for DAB,BOSE, NAVIGATION, VOICE CONTROL, BLUETOOTH, TV and CONTROL HEAD. But if you are satisfied of yours ...................................

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can someone explain me what the letters and numbers in the codes stand for?
And the last map version what code should appear in the MMI

·
Registered
93 Posts
a4ss4abt said:
- [SETUP] and [RETURN] keep some seconds pressed, however begin with the SETUP key.
I have the Update CD P.N. 4E0 906 961 L which do the update to version 2120 but it's not free.
With the actual MMI 2006 DVD there is a "panoramic"view but in reality it's a 2D view.
Where did you get CD? did you buy it from the dealer? I just installed MMI DVD navigation which allways displays "Please check DVD navigation" . The DVD MMI disk I got from NAVTEQ. Maybe I need an update as well.. ???
Maybe something has to be done throutgh the service menu which accessable by pressing [SETUP] and [RETURN] buttons?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
audi4man said:
a4ss4abt said:
Where did you get CD? did you buy it from the dealer? I just installed MMI DVD navigation which allways displays "Please check DVD navigation" . The DVD MMI disk I got from NAVTEQ. Maybe I need an update as well.. ???
Maybe something has to be done throutgh the service menu which accessable by pressing [SETUP] and [RETURN] buttons?
Are you sure your Navigation hardware is the right one? Have you correctly coded your system after installing Navigation? Are you sure your DVD is not damaged? i don't think your problem is due to your MMI version. Can you see navigation in Most ring? In any case the new Update CD PN. 4E0 906 961 T for Europe is normally on sale at Audi Dealers now and the price is € 1,50 but I think it can be useless if you are not in Europe.

·
Registered
93 Posts
a4ss4abt said:
audi4man said:
a4ss4abt said:
Are you sure your Navigation hardware is the right one? I think it is the right one P/N 4E0 919 887 C ( by the way what letter "C" means?) SW: 4E0 910 997 K
Have you correctly coded your system after installing Navigation? Coded?? How it should be coded? trough VAG-COM? I've seen some people were saying that after the installation they didn't have to do any codings. It worked for them just fine
Are you sure your DVD is not damaged? DVD is MMI and it is brand new, no scratches.
i don't think your problem is due to your MMI version.
Can you see navigation in Most ring? I didn't check that. if I'll see the module in Most ring...What does it mean?
In any case the new Update CD PN. 4E0 906 961 T for Europe is normally on sale at Audi Dealers now and the price is € 1,50 but I think it can be useless if you are not in Europe. I'll check with my dealer to see if they sell update CDs

·
Registered
819 Posts
Have you checked the car the car with a vag-com?

You could have two problems, the first is that the can gateway needs to be coded for nav, and the second is that your system could have gone into component protection. were did you buy the nav unit from?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
audi4man said:
a4ss4abt said:
Are you sure your Navigation hardware is the right one? I think it is the right one P/N 4E0 919 887 C ( by the way what letter "C" means?) SW: 4E0 910 997 K
Have you correctly coded your system after installing Navigation? Coded?? How it should be coded? trough VAG-COM? I've seen some people were saying that after the installation they didn't have to do any codings. It worked for them just fine
Are you sure your DVD is not damaged? DVD is MMI and it is brand new, no scratches.
Can you see navigation in Most ring? I didn't check that. if I'll see the module in Most ring...What does it mean?
In any case the new Update CD PN. 4E0 906 961 T for Europe is normally on sale at Audi Dealers now and the price is € 1,50 but I think it can be useless if you are not in Europe. I'll check with my dealer to see if they sell update CDs
Sorry but you will need Vag-Com or Audi VAS to understand if you have some faults in your car and what they mean. If you want to see if your navi is correctly connected to MOST ring you have to press and hold SETUP+ RETURN for some seconds and you will see your Current Configuration that should be like this:

If Navi box doesn't appears there you have a problem of Most connection or component protection .
About your DVD there is a very simple test to do : try to insert it in another A6 because it's not impossible it can be defective also if there aren't scratches.

·
Registered
93 Posts
a4ss4abt said:
audi4man said:
a4ss4abt said:
Sorry but you will need Vag-Com or Audi VAS to understand if you have some faults in your car and what they mean. If you want to see if your navi is correctly connected to MOST ring you have to press and hold SETUP+ RETURN for some seconds and you will see your Current Configuration that should be like this:

If Navi box doesn't appears there you have a problem of Most connection or component protection .
About your DVD there is a very simple test to do : try to insert it in another A6 because it's not impossible it can be defective also if there aren't scratches.
Thanks a lot for your help. I'll let you know what I find

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.