Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to figure this out on this forum and others but just don't really understand exactly what you get with one of the various
Ipod intergration cables/kits? I am looking for better usablitly than the SD slots. So my questions are:

1- can you browse your music collection using the OEM controls (wheel and head unit)?

2 - can you see all your music and select various artists and or genres w/o using playlists?

3- basically...does it work like an Ipod should w/o having to use the Ipod controls?

4- I plan to get Sirius so which unit should I get to integrate with Sat?

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
819 Posts
1- can you browse your music collection using the OEM controls (wheel and head unit)?
You cannot see any of the music collection, you just see CD1, CD2... track 1, track2... you can select a different CD/track etc but that's about it.

2 - can you see all your music and select various artists and or genres w/o using playlists?
No

3- basically...does it work like an Ipod should w/o having to use the Ipod controls?
No

4- I plan to get Sirius so which unit should I get to integrate with Sat?
No idea about that sorry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Other than capacity how is the Ipod better than the SD cards

I know it's probably easier to manage your music collection using the Ipod and your computer than w/ the SD
Cards. But if you can't see the song titles and you can't navigate the music database w/ the Audi Controls, what is
the point of using the Ipod? I really don't want to being driving around trying to use the Ipod controls, that seems
like a bad idea to me...or is that just what everyone does?
Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: Other than capacity how is the Ipod better than the SD c

RaiderTT2001 said:
I know it's probably easier to manage your music collection using the Ipod and your computer than w/ the SD
Cards. But if you can't see the song titles and you can't navigate the music database w/ the Audi Controls, what is
the point of using the Ipod? I really don't want to being driving around trying to use the Ipod controls, that seems
like a bad idea to me...or is that just what everyone does?
Thanks!!!
IMHO the Audi iPod interface is horrible, hence why I haven't bothered with it and use SD cards instaed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts