Audi Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
It would help if you could post some links with English - not many of us speak Romanian!!!

I think the second one is for when you fit an aftermarket radio since it supplies the power to feed the Audi amplifiers separately.

The first one would feed the same signal to both antenna inputs on the Concert II+, so that doesn't replace the Kufatec module which actually generates the phase diversity signals. With the second one I doubt that radio reception would be much (if at all) better than with only 1 antenna connected.

·
Registered
12 Posts
:D I know that the links are to a romanian site, but they didn't put any description for the products there, they put only photos, so i thought that it wouldn't make any difference, the site isn't very good, but they are amongst the best suppliers in Romania. Anyway, the first one is the same thing as the simple connector, just that it has an extra useless cable? So i could buy it, and if it doesn't receive the radio signal very well outside the city, i could later buy the kufatec module and connect them?

Thanks again for the help

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Anyway, the first one is the same thing as the simple connector, just that it has an extra useless cable? So i could buy it, and if it doesn't receive the radio signal very well outside the city, i could later buy the kufatec module and connect them?
Why pay more for a wire you don't need?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It isn't very expensive, so it's not a problem, the thing is that they don't have the simple one wire connector that goes into the double fakra. The only thing i'm concerned is that if it will work just like the simple connector, i know that it won't be better..

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
You want the first one, the second one has the wrong type of antenna connectors. It's designed to convert the connectors in the car to those used by aftermarket radios.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No Dave, this is not true, the problem exists on new A3's that you upgrade to RNS-E and that can be fixed with the Golf solution.

In this case where the car has gone from Concert II to Concert II+ there is a kit you can buy to convert it to a dual HF system to fix it.

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p953_Concert-3-Antennensystem-nur-fuer-A3-8P-Sportback.html

A simpler fix is to swap FM1 and FM2 around in the fakra connector. But you still lose AM.
hello craig.

could you explain more in detail how to swap fm1 and fm2 around. because iv took my original symphony ii out and swapped it for a concert iii and used a frakra adapter off ebay but now have poor quality radio as you guys said happens soo yeah could you explain in detail how i swap them over. oh and also that conversion kit from kufatec.. can that be used on a 3 door do you know? sorry for my ignorence but im new to audis and the forums

much apprieate some help

cheers kai

·
Registered
1 Posts
No Dave, this is not true, the problem exists on new A3's that you upgrade to RNS-E and that can be fixed with the Golf solution.

In this case where the car has gone from Concert II to Concert II+ there is a kit you can buy to convert it to a dual HF system to fix it.

A simpler fix is to swap FM1 and FM2 around in the fakra connector. But you still lose AM.
I created an account here just to say thank you, this works perfect for me. No need for the expensive fix if I don't care about the 2 short errors.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts