Audi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,

Just replace my old Concert 2 (1din) to new Concert 3 (2din) on my A3 8p.
But I have a problem with antenna reception.

I have check VAG COM for see the problem

Address 56: Radio Labels: 8J0-035-1xx-56.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 035 186 G HW: 8P0 035 186 G
Component: R Concert2+ H15 0220
Revision: 00H15000 Serial number: AUZ1Z3F7958062
Coding: 0010211
Shop #: WSC 06314 000 00000

2 Faults Found:
00856 - Radio Antenna
007 - Short to Ground - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100111
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 36

00821 - Antenna 2 for Radio (R93)
011 - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101011
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 2

Anyone can help me for solve my problem ?
The radio work when my motor don't work, but when I start and drive, the FM go down and doesn't work

So, help will be apprecied :D
Thank's by advance

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
This is a known problem caused by the II+ radios using a different antenna system to the RNS-E and the II radios.

If it really causes bad reception problems then search for the cure that has been posted (with part numbers and pictures) of the additional antenna amplifier (from a VW Golf) that you will need to install.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
No Dave, this is not true, the problem exists on new A3's that you upgrade to RNS-E and that can be fixed with the Golf solution.

In this case where the car has gone from Concert II to Concert II+ there is a kit you can buy to convert it to a dual HF system to fix it.

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p953_Concert-3-Antennensystem-nur-fuer-A3-8P-Sportback.html

A simpler fix is to swap FM1 and FM2 around in the fakra connector. But you still lose AM.

This is a known problem caused by the II+ radios using a different antenna system to the RNS-E and the II radios.

If it really causes bad reception problems then search for the cure that has been posted (with part numbers and pictures) of the additional antenna amplifier (from a VW Golf) that you will need to install.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
craigyb is right - what I wrote is true for the II+ to RNS-E or II change, i.e. the opposite change to what you did.

Note to self - read twice, type once!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In this case where the car has gone from Concert II to Concert II+ there is a kit you can buy to convert it to a dual HF system to fix it.

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p953_Concert-3-Antennensystem-nur-fuer-A3-8P-Sportback.html

A simpler fix is to swap FM1 and FM2 around in the fakra connector. But you still lose AM.
Great :D
Thank's for the information Craigyb ;-)

So, if I can't have an Sportback, but only simple 3 doors it's same, there are not any problems ?

Anyone on this forum have made this modification ? Any post ?

Do you know if there are any other cables modifications ?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I did the upgrade from chorus II to RNS-E. Do I need the same kit from kufatec?
Anyone with a DIY?
I have this error:
00858 - Connection; Radio ZF Output to Antenna Amplifier
011 - Open Circuit

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Anyone with a DIY?
I have this error:
011 - Open Circuit
If your Chorus II didn't have two antenna connectors then you don't have any kind of diverstity. Retrofit may be possible but may also include new windows and antenna amplifiers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Anyone with a DIY?
I have this error:
011 - Open Circuit
No, this is not for you!
this module from kufatec converts gen II antennas to work with gen II+ radios whereas your RNS-E is gen II.

Do you have the old chorus (1 DIN) or the new one (2DIN) ?
As Audia4b6us said, you may have no diversity antenna, depending on your factory install bur I debt you need a new window, only new antenna modules, and wiring.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had old chorus 1din. I didn't have two antenna connectors going in to chorus...
So, what exactly do I need to get rid of the error? Not the kufatec kit?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
You need to install the ZF system which you don't have.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
And what exactly is the ZF system??
It uses several antennas (usually in the glass) and combines them to two outputs - an HF output and a ZF output, which then connect to the RNS-E, Symphony II, etc.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
So it's not possible to retrofit? I will have this error forever?
Yes it's possible - as craigyb said you have to install the ZF antena system. Basically that means adding an Audi antenna amplifier/combiner and connecting that to the antennas already in your car, and running an extra antenna cable from that to your RNS-E.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i had a concert 2 1din on my 2-door a3, and i just changed it to a symphony 3, 2din. i have a question, i didn't quite understand what you are talking about here, so in my case, what do i have to do for the symphony to work correctly?

i have a fakra antenna connector on my car, and on the symphony there is a double antenna connector. do i need to install the diversity antenna/zf antenna?

and if i do, can't i just swap FM1 and FM2 connectors, as craigyb said? i won't use the AM anyway..

i didn't install the symphony yet, so i don't actually know if it will work just plug and play..

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
i didn't install the symphony yet, so i don't actually know if it will work just plug and play..
It depends what you mean by "work"...

You will still receive most of the radio stations you used to, BUT weak stations that you used to receive because the diversity system improved the signal enough to be usable WON'T be received any more.

If you live in an area where all the radio stations are strong then this won't affect you, but if you live in an area where some or all of the signals are weak then you will find that some radio stations disappear and some become noisy and difficult to listen to.

In the later case you would need to fit the Kufatec II to II+ kit mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
ok, thanks, i will post here if there are any problems after i've installed it.

also,does this adapter :Navi-Upgrade: Multimedia Interface,Multimedia Adapter,Navigation systems,Wechslerkabel,Car Hi-Fi,KUFATEC, Dietz, Conexx, Multimedia Interface,Multimedia Adapter,Navigation systems,Wechslerkabel,Car Hi-Fi,KUFATEC, Dietz, Conexx work for my symphony, even though it says RNS-E adapter?it looks like it is what i need..
In general it will work provided you move the Bose and K-line wires - although since you have an A3 there's no need to move the K-line since it's not used on the A3, and if you don't have Bose then there will be no need to move that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, i just installed it and the quadlock worked plug n' play, but now i'm trying to make the radio work. I know that the solution is the kufatec module, but it's very complicated for me to buy it, so i wonder if it will work without it, even though the signal will be good only in the city. Can you please tell me, which adapter will work between the car and the symphony II+?

This one: ADAPTOR ANTENA FAKRADUBLA AUDI / VW 2008 -> FAKRA (Z) MAM - Metrafo Electronic

or this, which says something with diversity and phantom power? :

ADAPTOR ANTENA AUDI / VW 2008 -> DUBLA FAKRA Z LA DIN CU - Metrafo Electronic

Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts