Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Would this Audi A4 DX system be compatible with my 2007 Audi A4? I know there are a couple guides that discuss compatibility issues. But since my car is brand new I'd just like to be positive.
Thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
linktz said:
Hello,
Would this Audi A4 DX system be compatible with my 2007 Audi A4? I know there are a couple guides that discuss compatibility issues. But since my car is brand new I'd just like to be positive.
Thanks everyone
You would be far better getting a DVD based RNS-E - fitting a CD based RNS-D is more complex (as well as the unit in the dash you need a TMC Tuner/CAN Gateway and more wiring).

Additionally since the RNS-D has been obsolete for several years you would have trouble selling your car with the RNS-D fitted.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes...

Hello,
Yes, I know there is newer model. I'm just curious if the older CD based system would work.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: yes...

linktz said:
Hello,
Yes, I know there is newer model. I'm just curious if the older CD based system would work.
Thanks
Yes it will work.

I used to own a 2003 B6 S4 with a factory fitted RNS-D and the changes that have been made to the B6/B7 between 2003 and 2007 won't stop the RNS-D from working.

Personally, I on balance prefer the RNS-E to the RNS-D but there is one feature that the RNS-D had which I really miss on the RNS-E .... the ability for it to permanently remember "no-go" areas. There's a narrow river bridge near my home that is signal controlled and although the route using that bridge is the shortest, and according to speed limits the quickest, - so the RNS-E always routes me using it - it's actually always the slowest! But there's nothing I can do to stop the RNS-E using it...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
But there's nothing I can do to stop the RNS-E using it...
You could send a request to Navteq to update the map data because you can proof that their road data doesn't match reality.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
But there's nothing I can do to stop the RNS-E using it...
You could send a request to Navteq to update the map data because you can proof that their road data doesn't match reality.
Good point - if I ask them to change the speed limit on the stretch of road including the bridge to 10 mph it would reflect the real situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts