Audi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allroader has reported that he can't recode his RNS-E using a HEX-USB+CAN interface, but that login and adaptation work.

I recoded my RNS-E using a HEX-COM interface, and have just upgraded to a HEX-COM+CAN - and I can't recode the steering column module to enable the cruise control switch I have fitted. But I can login and use adaptation.

From these two cases it "looks" like when using a HEX-???+CAN interface on a non-CAN car the recode function doesn't work. :idea:

Is there a problem with recoding using the HEX-COM+CAN or HEX-USB+CAN or cars without a CAN gateway? Can anyone else confirm or deny this idea? :?:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Never heard before of a common issue between HEX+CAN in non-CAN cars. All I have rea is that the phone interface at # 77 is not accessible in the B7 even though it's supposed to have a CAN gateway.

Did you ask this question in the VAG-COM forum on AudiWorld or Yahoo? The Ross-Tech guys should have an answer.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
My VAG Lead is HEX COM + CAN and I have no issues, must have coded about 30 cars by now, only problem is the dreaded 77 phone module, but suprisingly enough I managed to code a D module in an A4 avant once.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AudiA4B6US said:
Did you ask this question in the VAG-COM forum on AudiWorld or Yahoo? The Ross-Tech guys should have an answer.
Yes I have asked there. No answer yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts