Audi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an RNS-E unit fitted to my 2000 RS4 which previoulsly had in dash only sat nav. Consequently I think that expains why the in dash instructions work perfectly (ignoring the clock being out for which I have one of Bjarnes units to fit in!). However, I have lost the radio/CD info. Where is this on vagcom?

·
Registered
59 Posts
17 Instrument cluster, then adapt (10) then channel 62

+01 - Radio
+02 - Telefon
+04 - Navigation
+08 - Telematics
+16 - Instrument Cluster
To add navigation, add +4 to the current value.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think I have the same question ... The song information is no longer displayed in the dash since the RSN upgrade. I also don't have the reverse odometer showing since I installed the RSN. That being said, if I open the door, when I close it the reverse odometer comes back but still no song information. The radoi staion is always displayed however. On top of this, before opening the door, I get Nav information on the dash, but after I open my door, the dash no longer shows nav information like direction etc. Is this a simple coding problem or a glitch from adding this extra information?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Ponch said:
I think I have the same question ... The song information is no longer displayed in the dash since the RSN upgrade. I also don't have the reverse odometer showing since I installed the RSN. That being said, if I open the door, when I close it the reverse odometer comes back but still no song information. The radoi staion is always displayed however. On top of this, before opening the door, I get Nav information on the dash, but after I open my door, the dash no longer shows nav information like direction etc. Is this a simple coding problem or a glitch from adding this extra information?
I'm not clear on what you are saying but try to turn off the compass (NAV/SETUP) and see if this solves your issue.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'll try and be more clear ...
I get in the car, turn it on and the radio turns on ...

a)Prior to the NAV install, my dash displayed the milage my car can drive before I run out of gas (Reverse odometer). At the top of the dash display, the radio information (Song playing) would scroll accross the top. The song details would also display on my symphonie II.

b)I have installed a 2006 NA RSN unit with BLuetooth. Since the install, the song information will not display on the RSN display (Memory mode only) and won't also display (scroll) accross the top of the dash display. The reverse odometer that used to display no longer appears as well. Instead the street name and direction is displayed. If I open any of my doors in the car, the in dash display shows the door is open. Once I close the door, the dash display returns to the view I would got prior to the RSN instal.

I hope this is more clear ... I can take pics to provide more of an example if this might help me?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
As I said, turn off the compass on the RNS-E and you should get your reverse odometer thing back. At the same time the temp should move down to the middler section of the DIS and you should see the song/track/station info at the top of the DIS.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm a bit of a newby with this stuff and learning slowly with help from this site. How does the compass get turned off? It is done in the RSN or using the VAG? If I turn this off, and it goes back to normal as I assume it will. Woudl this prevent me from using the navigation? I can bring my laptop to my car if you are willing and have the time to walk me through some tests.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
press NAV
press SETUP
scroll down to compass
uncheck the box and the DIS should be fine

·
Registered
189 Posts
That did it!
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How to get display from all units (radio/nav/phone)

I have recently installed the NAV+ and BT module in my A4 2005.
I have previously put in the trip computer and enabled menues in the FIS.

When trying different coding of Instrument cluster, channel 62 i get
some different behaviour..

Original value = 17 (cluster +16 + radio +1)
Now, what does this +16 value relly mean anyhow ??

Navi only => 20
This coding lets me toggle between NAV info and the trip computer, and the MENU screen. NAV shows compass and street name when not in route guideance mode. This is a cool setting!
Unfortunately the upper part of DIS is dark in tripcomp mode where the radio info should have been :-(

Nav+Radio =21 , this setting doesn't allow me to see the NAV arrows.
only radio info on top of DIS :-(

Nav+ tel => 22, same here, it wont show NAV only TEL on top of DIS.

Ideally i want to like "20" mode , but also see radio & tel info ..

I will test some more but i bet someone have tried all settings already
and have the answer ??

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you have the red DIS then 21 is correct but you have to turn the navi briefly off and back on when in route guidance. Otherwise it won't display the navi screen on the DIS. This is a known bug.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Is it also normal that the song on the radio displaying goes away in memory mode on the RNS? Also, it still dosen't display in my dash. IS this comon with the RNS?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Working!

Great info!!

Tried the on/off bug, and damn you are right!

So, since i hawe RADIO+NAV+TEL i coded the DIS to 0023.
And now i have the info from both radio+tel in the top, page 1
and the NAV arrows in the second page.

Just anoying to put the RNS-E on/off every time i want the arrows in the DIS :-(

Hope it will be fixed in coming SW revisions..

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: Working!

magost said:
Just anoying to put the RNS-E on/off every time i want the arrows in the DIS :-(

Hope it will be fixed in coming SW revisions..
Unlikely. Audi don't sell the Nav with the red DIS - so they see no reason to fix a bug that doesn't appear in cars with a spec that they sell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts