Audi Forum banner

Coding my BT Telephone module?

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  audi4audi 
#1 ·
I correctly coded my RNS-E to: 0309637
and I've paired my phone.

When I go into #77 (Telepone) and try and recode, it won't change anything. It's set at: 0010777

Here's my setup:

2005 S4 (B6)
Bose
Multifunction Steering wheel
XM/Sirius
CD Changer/Phatbox

#5 ·
Is it possible to code the MFSW of a 2003 A6 to use the R/T button on the left side as the "mode" button. The RNS-E manual instructs you to press the "Mode " button in order to save names in the phone book. I do have Bluetooth, MFSW and RNS-E working fine, but without the "mode" button I can't tag names to my cell phone's transferred list of contacts..

TIA

Lino
'03 A6 4.2

#7 ·
Thank you.

The code (0010877) certainly makes sense for my C5 6 button wheel. I have coded it that way.

I do have an annoying fault code on the steering wheel controller:

Coding: 00005
Shop #: WSC 02325

1 Fault Found:
01305 - Databus for Infotainment
80-00 - Single-Wire Operation

Whenever I clear it comes right back.

I should mention that everything is working fine. I just find the message annoying.

Does CANBUS run on a single-wire? I will assume it does as all seems to be functioning as per the manual.

Cheers

Lino
'03 A6 4.2L

#8 ·
Does CANBUS run on a single-wire? I will assume it does as all seems to be functioning as per the manual.
CAN bus uses two wires in a balanced setup to provide better immunity from noise.

When only 1 wire is connected it will usually work, but there will be more errors.

You should check your CAN bus wiring, one of the two wires (CAN H, CAN L) is not connected properly.

#10 ·
Ok.

I found the culprit. And answered my own question. The fault code on the MFSW, was caused by another device on the CAN Bus and not related to MFSW or it's controller.

I disconnected the PCCM multimedia adapter and all is back to normal. No more fault code on the MWSF or RNS-E. I will review the connections on the PCCM harness, but I'm leaning towards incompatability with this unit.

Keep you posted. Thanks for all your help.

Lino
'03 A6 4.2L

#11 ·
I disconnected the PCCM multimedia adapter and all is back to normal.
What do you mean by PCCM? Is that a manufacturer, or a seller, or something else?

#12 ·
What do you mean by PCCM? Is that a manufacturer, or a seller, or something else?
PCCM is multimedia adapter. The manufacturer is PCCM. The model is: MA-BOX. It is sold in the US by these guys: https://www.euro-parts.us/home.php?cat=262.

It is a Polish product (I believe). Information (In Polish) can be found here: Martos - Akcesoria.

Some people have used it successfully. I will give it another try once I veryfy all connections. It looks like a decent unit. It did work while hooked up, but cause the fault codes I mentioned earlier.

Thanks again for your help.

Lino
'03 A6 4.2L

#13 ·
Just a quick update.

Firstly, Thank you all for all your help, in particular NSX JR on the Onstar to Blue Tooth conversion.

The PCCM multimedia device emulates a TV tuner. The RNS-E needs to be coded to expect one. This corrected a fault that I had with the RNS-E complaining that it wasn't properly coded.
The fault at the MFSW controller for single-wire operation still pops up occasionally but appears to have no impact what-so-ever on the overall functionality (which is awesome, by the way).
The PCCM unit performs the function that I was after. Which was to allow me to use my Ipod Touch for video playing through the Nav system. It does that extremely well. I have quite a few movies and musical videos on the Ipod and when connected to the unit it makes for great entertainment. If you're parked by a WIFI spot (like on my driveway) it will play Youtube "stuff" that your Ipod picks up. Nothing special here but real cool though.
I'm also very impressed with the functionality provided by the Blue Tooth component. It's just amazing. Have I mentioned that this navigation system is awesome? ;-)

Never mind about the quite responsive 4.2L 5 valve/cylinder all aluminum engine? Never mind about the aluminum fenders, hood, wide body, sport suspension, HID's and so on. It's the navigation system that keeps me smiling. It has been the best 2k I've ever invested on any car.

Next the rear camera :)

Cheers

Lino
'03 A6 4.2L

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.