Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to code bluethoot interface with vag 607.3 and original ross-tech key usb interface. Software and interface work good to code alle module, but they don't find module 77 of bluethoot interface. I can't understand why. Maybe I must use another vag release? I really can't understand because module is connected properly. Maybe the module is defect? Someone with the same problem?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
VAG-COM 607.3 is the correct version to be using.

Is the K-line connected to your Bluetooth module? It needs to be.

Sometimes the Bluetooth module takes a few attempts to "listen to" commands to it, try a few times.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, K-line is connected. Yesterday I try to do this: I disconnected BT module, then I turned on rns-e and entered in TEL menu. Display show the message "telephone not installed". So I connetted module and then display show the message "telephone disconnected" that is the right message before pairing BT. I think the different messages when I connect and disconnect module means that module is connected properly. The problem is that pairing is impossible and I can't code module. Other ideas to solve problem?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What car do you have? In the A3 you will need a CAN cable, in the A4 you need a normal HEX cable. also, is the interface new or used? If new, what car ws it installed before?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car is A4 B6 2003, my RNS-E is HW 71 SW 460. BT interface is used, i don't know which car it came from. I only remember interface pn is 8P0 862 335 and I connected it to RNS-E by kufatec wiring pn 33854. About vag coding I use an original brand new ross-tech usb key interface.

What do you think about?

Maybe it is an interface defect???

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If it's really a 8P0 862 335 (no letter) then it won't support the enhanced functioned and BT may be disabled (BT was not enabled by default when this intefrcae was installed in new cars). It may also come form an A3 8P which would mean you need a CAN gateway to reconfigure it for a non-CAN car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interface pn has a letter, but I'm not sure if it is F or G. When I got the module it had a connectore with a cutted cable. The cable was shielded and with many wires 12-18. With the new harnessed cable i connect CAN H CAN L MIC + MIC - and K-LINE for power. Otherwise what do you mean about can gateway?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The A3 8P and A4 B7 have a CAN gateway that translates CAn messages between the different CAN busses. If the interface was installed in an A3 8P or A4 B7 you will not be able to connect to it via K line until it gets recoded. And the recoding can only be done if a CAN gateway is present to translater the CAN diagnostics (from a VAG-COM or VAS) to CAN infotainment (where the interface is connected to).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK! I understood. Maybe this is the problem. Do you know how can I made the can gateway? I never read about can gateway in this forum.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The CAN gateway in the A3 8P is a separate device. Don't know the part number but it anwers on address #19 when you connect a VAG-COM to a car. IIRC the B7 has a CAN gateway in the instrument cluster but it also answers on #19. You will need a car with a CAN gateway and connect the phone interface there to reconfigure it. You will also need the newest VAG-COM and an original cable or the dealer's VAS.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, now it's all clear. I want try to connect vag and read module 19, i'm curious to know if i can read it. Then i will tell you what happen.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what do you think about replacing the bt interface? i want replace my used bt interface with a brand new 8P0 862 335 H or M version. Do you think i only have to connect interface to have it working or i also have to code bluethoot interface? My car is A4 B6 2003 with RNS-E version K coded 0119718. If i have to code the new bt interface do you think i could recode it with my vag 607 and original rosstech hex+can usb? or i could have the same prolem i explained previously?

Thanks for help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts