Audi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
brought a navi + (RNS-D) system off ebay. When i pugged it in and entered the code it came up with a messege in german. It translates as
'CODE NOT ATTACHED'. Can anyone shed any light on this. Is it knackared or am i missing somthing? Its the origional manual with code card still attached. All the serial numbers tie up, Im at a bit of a loss.
PLEASE HELP!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
"ist nicht angeschlossen" means "is not connected". There should be something written before this "ist nicht angeschlossen" which tells you what your unit is missing. Could it be that the unit is coded for a TMC but there is no TMC installed in your car? In any case I doubt that this has something to do with the safe code you enter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
TeddyBGame said:
philip_g said:
your SAFE wire is not connected.
....if only folks would defer to the quicklinks for these types of issues.. see the link to quirks, nuances etc....#20 in SAFE wire......
I know all the extra traffic really kills the forum. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
"ist nicht angeschlossen" means "is not connected". There should be something written before this "ist nicht angeschlossen" which tells you what your unit is missing. Could it be that the unit is coded for a TMC but there is no TMC installed in your car? In any case I doubt that this has something to do with the safe code you enter.
if your TMC isn't connected it will flag "unable to initialize CAN bus" or something similar, about 3 times.

(for the record)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Safe pin nicht angeshlossen

Hi all!

I have get a used navigation plus C version for A6 1999, my car has no orginal navigation plus instaled, so i try to fix it.
When i conect my nav + to car it says "safe pin nicht angeshlossen"
I got a code from Audi dealer so it si corect.
[email protected]
Tanks in advance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Re: Safe pin nicht angeshlossen

Saint said:
Hi all!

I have get a used navigation plus C version for A6 1999, my car has no orginal navigation plus instaled, so i try to fix it.
When i conect my nav + to car it says "safe pin nicht angeshlossen"
I got a code from Audi dealer so it si corect.
[email protected]
Tanks in advance!
Hi Saint,

you have to connect pin 5 of the powerplug with +12V, othewise the navi won't accept yur code ...

Greetings
Klaus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Re: Safe pin nicht angeshlossen

Klaus H. said:
Saint said:
Hi all!

I have get a used navigation plus C version for A6 1999, my car has no orginal navigation plus instaled, so i try to fix it.
When i conect my nav + to car it says "safe pin nicht angeshlossen"
I got a code from Audi dealer so it si corect.
[email protected]
Tanks in advance!
Hi Saint,

you have to connect pin 5 of the powerplug with +12V, othewise the navi won't accept yur code ...

Greetings
Klaus
OK i will sound as a newbe as I´m pin 5?
Thanks!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Hi
I am new to this and would greatly appreciate a lot of help. I recently bought a RSNE which came off a A4 Cab 2008 model (from Ebay UK). I had it delivered to Sydney Australia and fitted it into my A4 B6 2002. The unit works fine except for the navigation function, which says "Please insert navigation disc". The unit works fine with a DVD disc of Europe but not a DVD disc map of Australia. I bought the latest DVD disc map of Australia from Audi thinking that all it needed was a software upgrade but still the unit would not read the disc. I think it could be a recoding issue, as I have been following some discussions on this Forum. Can anyone help please? Audi Australia certainly cant, and I have wasted some $400 to try and get them to recode the unit!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,759 Posts
Look on the lid of your nav unit, it shows the pin out. I think next to the power pin is the safe wire, clearly printed on the lid, just join the power cable + wire to the safe wire, you may need the right type of pin to fit in the plug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Look on the lid of your nav unit, it shows the pin out. I think next to the power pin is the safe wire, clearly printed on the lid, just join the power cable + wire to the safe wire, you may need the right type of pin to fit in the plug
BIG Thanks, thought it was that one . didn't want to short out. also found other link so sorry for doubling up...
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top