Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Sometimes the middle and top area of the cluster display does not light up but remains blank (just like off) in the nav mode and other times it works just fine.

In the 2 regular display modes (non-nav) the entire display cluster works/lights up just fine. I know my car was vagged for the Nav correctly. Your answers will be appreciated.

Edit: I have a B6 A4 with a single color red display cluster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Do you have one red type cluster?
Do you have one A4 B6/ B7 ?

If so, it's one cluster bug with no solution.
The only way to solve is to swap to one color cluster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much is the color cluster?

Does that mean that one day the entire cluster display will die or just keep acting up like this? Also where can i get a color cluster and what is the cost etc.. Thanks for your help.




rosnik said:
Do you have one red type cluster?
Do you have one A4 B6/ B7 ?

If so, it's one cluster bug with no solution.
The only way to solve is to swap to one color cluster.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
Re: How much is the color cluster?

kapil403 said:
Does that mean that one day the entire cluster display will die or just keep acting up like this?
It will keep acting up like this.

This is a "bug" that Audi know about and will never fix. Why? Because they do not sell cars with the sat nav and the red DIS - so they will not fix a bug that only appears in cars that have been modified.

kapil403 said:
Also where can i get a color cluster and what is the cost etc..
The colour display is only available as part of a whole new instrument cluster - most likely from dealers. People who have looked at the cost have found it to be over $1000 by the time they include all the re-programming work needed on the immobiliser that only a dealer can do. So most have decided not to do it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
According with my friend PetrolDave,
I can only add, that to start the red Navi cluster display ( when it do not works), you have only to switch off and on again your RNS-E unite .
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top