Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this phone with the OEM Bluetooth yet? I wanted to get a new phone and didn't want to get one that didn't work fully with the Audi BT?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes, I have the 3125 paired with the OEM BT/RNS-E. I will say it works - but with a few issues.
(1) pairing out the box no problem. phonebook, missed calls, etc. all sync BUT the phonebook syncs using the first name only. I found this totally useless if you have lots of contacts in your phone. No status icon or "cingular" displayed on interface. No big deal, all handsfree options worked.
(2) exactly one week after using it daily - suddenly 15 sec after it initially paired, it would disconnect. 1 minute later it would reconnect. A real irritation. The only solution was to hard reset the phone and repair. This worked again for 1 full week (very very strange) and I have since hard reset the phone again - so far so good.

I am also using jetware software - which I am not sure if that is part of the problem. I love the jetware program because it allows you to choose which contacts sync with the RNS-E and shows signal strength, "cingular" , etc.

This last time the phone acted up, I hard reset, reinstalled jetware, set to defaults the RNS-E, and repaired. 3 days and counting working great.

I have heard that other have had the BT connect, and the disconnect like I described, and it appears to be related to the phone. I had a MotoMpx220 paired with the jetware software for several months without any issues at all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have been using my 3125 for a few days now. I got the same disconnect after 15 second problem...but mine would not reconnect unless I went into the phone's bluetooth setup and re-set it as a handsfree device. The next time I got in the car, it would connect and disconnect after 15 seconds again.

Today I did a little Chistmas shopping and took advantage of the mall valet service. As they drove the car up to me and I got in, the phone connected...as I would have expected. But it did not disconnect after 15 seconds. And since then, it has worked perfectly! Even when used as in the previous scenario when it would disconnect.

So there must be something the RNS-E and/or phone does differently when the phone connects as soon as the RNS-E boots up versus when the phone connects after the RNS-E has already been on.

I'll keep you updated on whether this changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.