Audi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big problem going on with my climate control and my AC. The temp reading on the instrument cluster will read the correct outside air temp and then after about 30 minutes of driving it will go from for example 92 degrees to minus 58 in a matter of several minutes. Obviously the AC compressor shuts down once the temp decreases into the 20s. This has been going on all summer. Replaced the temp sensor at the front grill, had the wiring redone to the sensor, replaced the climate control unit on the dash this past week and still no fix. Need an answer soon.

Frustrated and sweaty in NC,
Yanksfan

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is probably one of the fresh air temperature sensors. The way I understand it is the car uses the lower of the two sensors to decide if it is too cold for the AC compressor. Unplug one and drive for a few days and see if the problem stops, if not reconnect it and try the other one. I believe the easier of the two to access is under the front bumper. The other sticks into the cabin air intake just below the pollen filter, to reach the plug you need to reach up behind the glove box between the firewall and the blower motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts