Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Do you have the same firmware as the guy in the movie? I read that there are two major updates, this one seems to be 2120 but there is a newer 2830 update out as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, to be honest I don’t know. Where can I see what firmware is installed??
Got the latest navigation DVD version 2006?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Don't you have someting like a CAR button? I really don't know the MMI but from what I read, the software is not on the navi DVD but on a separate update CD. And it takes up to 3 hours to complete the dealer only update.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
This is from Motor-talk.de:

Press SETUP and hold, then press RETURN and hold. After 2 seconds the screen should change, press the MMI button to select Interfacebox, the sw version should be labeled SW-Index.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same "problem", mine never shows the intro picture from the video either.

To see the version you need to press Car, Setup, Version, then press return and setup at the same timre for at least 5 seconds. Then select interface box. I wouldn't change anything in this menu though...

If i remember correct it says something like

Software Index=

I think I have 1200. Will check tomorrow...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, nice. But so far, a matter of software version.

Do I have to get it updated at a dealer, or is it possible to buy a software CD or something?? :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Supposedly your dealer should be able to. I've inquired and the 'senior' Audi tech was pretty clueless. I read in AW forums that the regional Audi techs can do this and should know about it. I've asked the tech to check with the regional and I'll post back my results.

It seems in Europe the versions are quite a bit further ahead. I looked at a late 06 a week ago at the dealership and it's still version 1170 here in Canada (in verison that would show as 11.7.0).

Anyway, if you have any luck please post back as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have checked now and I have software version 1200 on my Interface box. If anyone has any success upgrading this please post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.