Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got BT kit from Navparts that includes mic and all the wiring for non onStar vehicles...
My car does have onStar, but unfortunatelly after RNS-E install there is no sound coming from it. (I think that I got a wrong RNS-E adapter and this should be a separate topic anyway)

I want to replace my onStart w BT and my question is:
What adapter do I need in order to use my current OEM mic and replace onStar w BT? Are there any instructions available?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
It is just a matter of wiring. There is no special OnStar or none-Onstar BT kit.

To disable onstar just disconnect main interface from power (If I remember good, there is post somewhere on this forum how to do it)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Actually, to do it right you would remove some pins from the 42 pin OnStar connector and put them in a 54 pin BT Interface connector. After throwign away the OnStar interface box don't bother adding any other cable to get BT working. The OnStar plug has all the signals you need for the BT interface and even has the microphone already wired. If it would be under the seat (in an A4 B6 that is) it would but a pretty straight forward swap.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is there any detailed installation guide available on retrofitting onStar connector into BT 54 pins?

thnx!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NSXJR, that would be great!

My car is '04 B6 S4.

I think the hardest part will be removing floor trim and passenger seat, right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.