Audi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the implications of changing my cd nav plus in my a4 B6 2.5 tdi to the new dvd based unit would i have to re wire it all again will my tmc unit and cd changer work with the dvd unit or would i have to start again??? could anyone give me some advice.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Just a plug and play harness wired for the CD changer, an aerial adaptor (antenna for you lot over the pond) and you should be good to go. We did my mates S4 B6 in about an hour, including recoding with VAG.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
craigyb said:
Just a plug and play harness wired for the CD changer, ... We did my mates S4 B6 in about an hour, including recoding with VAG.
Did you have any problems getting the CD changer working?

My RNS-E (also in an S4 B6) recognises the CD changer is fitted (it's a C version) and which slots have a CD inserted, but won't play any CD's. I've re-coded the RNS-E (from 309111 to 309113) and checked there's no fault codes with VAG-COM. Now I'm out of ideas .... :?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I had major probs at first with the CD changer, just refused to see it, but after I added an extra pin for gnd that I didn't originally know about it burst into life. I swapped over to my phatnoise and that works as well.

I don't know what model my CD changer is off hand.

Craig

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
craigyb said:
... after I added an extra pin for gnd that I didn't originally know about it burst into life...
I've connected pin 18 from the Symphony (CD signal earth) to connector B pin 2 (CD signal earth), and pin 10 from the Symphony (CD ground) to connector D pin 12 (ground).

What have you done different and/or extra?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts