Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found that different versions of the Audi Bluetooth module supports different phones? Is there a Europe and US module, or are they the same?

I've been searcing for a Samsung P300 that works with my bluetooth after a forum member said his works 100% and his firmware is P300XXFB1.

I finally found one with P300XXFB2. I figured the 2 is just an upgrade from his, so it should work. Nope. Still no Dialled numbers, Missed calls, or Received calls...just like all the other Samsung's Ive had.

Now I'm considering downgrading the firmware to the P300XXFB1 but am also thinking it might be pointless if it's the bluetooth module's fault, not the phone.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
530 Posts
What revision is your bluetooth module?

I've got a mate with a P300 that I'll connect to the bluetooth at next opportunity and let you know if I have any luck with the phonebook sync, call registers etc.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If you've got access to a genuine VAG-COM then you can just connect to the telephone module (#77) and it'll tell you the part number. Otherwise you'd need to physically check on the bluetooth module itself (either under the seat or behind the glovebox are the most common places).

Mine is an 8P0 862 335 M module which is a fairly recent revision for the European/Australian market.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might have the G version, but I'll double check sometime this week with a VAG COM.

When do you think you can check yours with your friend's P300 phone?

Also, can you do me a favor and find out the firmware version on his phone? Press *#1234# on the phone to find it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
My mate lives in Hong Kong (I'm in Australia) but comes out here fairly regularly.

It's unlikely that he'll be here within the next few weeks but when he's next out I'll commandeer his phone and see how it goes with the M bluetooth module..

BTW I'm a big fan of the P300 too and am really interested to know how it goes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oh Yes!!!!

I tried a D900 which was Orange branded(ie had orange unique firmware) and it worked perfectly with my bluetooth. I then got an O2 branded D900 and it would not sync ALL the information (dialled and missed calls). This shows that different firmware affects the bluetooth functionality of the phone. I had same problem with a W850i, and had to "debrand" the phone, which is putting the firmware back to the factory firmware before it would fully sync with my RNS-E.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the D900 has the Orange software on it, but does it have to be used on the Orange network only...or can it be used on any network?

The guy on here who had the P300 which worked fully from Holland also said he had bought his with a subscription from Orange!

I know here in the US, you can have a TMobile branded cell phone but it can be unlocked so you can use it on any network. Is that the same with the Orange branded one?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, some phones can be unlocked to accept other network sim cards, so in thoery an orange phone that does work with the rns-e can be unlocked and used with any sim.

But, it is easier to "debrand" a phone than to "unlock" it. Debranding involves removing the orange(or O2 or Voda) unique software, so the phone is still locked to orange(or O2 or Voda), but the firmware which runs the phone is unbranded. Have a look on http://www.mobileplanet.com/f.aspx?i=136914&page=1 for some interesting facts.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Had another chance to play with the P300 today - how do you get it to tell you the firmware version?!

Couldn't find it anywhere in the menus.. :?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.