Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope everyone in this wonderful forum doing well.

I have a question. would a VW 6 cd changer in glove box work with the RNS-E unit?

the VW cd changer part number is 1J0 057 110. and some long number
VWZ3ZBC6913460.

Looks the same but only says volkswagen.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
It is possible. Many parts are interchangeable. I would assume that glovebox CD changer from new passat will work as well in Audi. But this is just a guess until somone will confirm.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a New Beetle Center Console CD Changer that I had purchased to use in my Passat W8 Center Console. The connector looks the same as the one used on the Audi Glovebox changer. Once I get everything wired up, I will give it a try and see how it works. I am trying to find a pin-out diagram for the VW Changer to compare it to the Audi pin out.

Cheers,

:: Chuck

·
Registered
77 Posts
ejc2008 said:
there's a diff between beetle to passat than vw to audi
I am not quite sure what you are saying. Do you feel that it won't work because it is for VW and not Audi? The connector looks the same, I am just trying to find the pin diagram for the VW unit. I will try it out and see if it works, once I get the new glovebox.

Thanks,

:: Chuck

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There are already issues connecting Audi CD changers to the RNS-E and it's really trial and error with any other CD changer from the VAG family. Yo ucan can cable adapters to connect either VW or Audi changers to the RNS-E but if the protocol is compatible can only be checked by trying it out. If you find it working, please post the results here. it will be a good reference for others who try to do the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts