Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

So I got folowing problem playing my CDs in CD changer!

Once I insert CDs in the CD changer it takes one lap to only check the magazine, then it takes next one where it shows ERROR in the middle of screen to each CD although it should not be! Then I turned off the sys and switched back, after that it took 3 CD without ERRORs.

So I listened through one CD and I tried to chagnge CD with MultiJog and guess what... again the ERRORs on all CDs. It's drivin me crazy!

So the question is, what could be the problem for that? Because its quite intresting that one time it takes some CD in other time it dosn't play the same CD :roll:

What should I do? Where is the problem? Changer too sesitive or what?

Oh, and yes there is also time to time text at the top of RNS D screen
CD-DEFECTIVE!

Tnx

Will wait for some tips... :!:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Have you tried using a CD lens cleaner? It may be the laser is not reading consistently due to 'dirt' on the focussing lens - it's cheap and worth a try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TeddyBGame said:
sounds like a bad CD changer. Time to replace. Used ones are cheap on ebay etc ($100).
I need just the same CD changer to fit, right?
The same art. nr. and so on? :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
half_a_florin said:
Have you tried using a CD lens cleaner? It may be the laser is not reading consistently due to 'dirt' on the focussing lens - it's cheap and worth a try.
Today bought a CD lens cleaner and the same - ERROR!
I can't clean the lens because I need to switch Tracks, but it even dosnt get so far!

I will try to bring my CD-changer to repair but have no clue have to reach out my CD-changer out of the back. :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
pdiddy said:
I will try to bring my CD-changer to repair but have no clue have to reach out my CD-changer out of the back. :(
Insert two of the radio removal tools into the slots on the front of the CD changer and pull it out - gently!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PetrolDave said:
pdiddy said:
I will try to bring my CD-changer to repair but have no clue have to reach out my CD-changer out of the back. :(
Insert two of the radio removal tools into the slots on the front of the CD changer and pull it out - gently!
Yah, but got no removal tools :roll:
Don't want to brake smth with another keys/tools! :(
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top