Audi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI!
I have a problem with my CD changer after I upgrade my Navi RNS-D to the RNS-E the CD changer will not switch of when I turn of the Navi, the ligth's in the loade buttom and the arrow is still on after I turn of the Navi.
When I have the Navi RNS-D this was not I problem.
Can someone please help me what to do? :oops:

·
Registered
737 Posts
try running a short ground wire from the CD changer to a ground point.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's for a very quick answer!
Is it a appointed place of the CD canger or is it only from the metal face of the CD canger?

·
Registered
737 Posts
what car is it in?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Make sure that your CD accessory power is connected to pin B10 instead of B4. Otherwise, it will get full time power to the accessory pin, which makes it think your car is always on. In a symphony plug this would be Connector I, pin 17. Not sure about the RNS-D plugs.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi!
Do you know if this is pin 8 in the CD changer(Grey)?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
audi80 said:
Hi!
Do you know if this is pin 8 in the CD changer(Grey)?
Do you have the 13 pin or 8 pin CD changer plug?

13-pin plug:

1 R CH audio
2. audio gnd
3. L CH audio
4. audio gnd
5. CD gnd
6. N.C.
7. ACC power
8. N.C.
9. Data clock
10. B+ power
11. Data in (R-data)
12. N.C.
13. Data out (CH-data)

Don't know about the 8 pin plug.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All seems to be all rigth, the power turn of after about 5 to 10 minuts, so I think this is the way it works, do you agree?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
maybe there are some difference beetwin the cars...........
Thank's for helping me anyway!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I think its becuase the A6 does not have the Alarm GND that the A4's have. On my RS6 it stays on for 20 mins or so.

I make good use of that delay for keeping media players etc powered on, useful for getting fuel etc hich my RS6 likes to do.

Craig

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
craigyb said:
I think its becuase the A6 does not have the Alarm GND that the A4's have. On my RS6 it stays on for 20 mins or so.

I make good use of that delay for keeping media players etc powered on, useful for getting fuel etc hich my RS6 likes to do.

Craig
AFAIK all (US) A6 have the Alarm GND wire. I dont have access to other country's wiring diagrams. In the diagrams if you see a wire going from the headunit to "J429" that is the alram GND wire.

Pre-facelift: Sym I: large brown single pin connector
Post-facelift: Sym II: Connector III, Pin 2

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Thanks for that, but does his loom have the wire?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
A couple of things I have noticed, many of the Kufatec harnesses I have received have hd no Alarm wire connected, also the RNS-D does not use it, so it's not available on the wiring loom as standard for RNS-D to E conversions.

So the alarm wire seems to be a symphony/concert connection, but I guess it's possible to find it for an RS6 that had RNS-D installed before hand.

Might help save the battery by shutting down stuff after the alarm has been set.

Craig

1 - 16 of 16 Posts