Audi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:oops: can anyone help me i have installed my RNS E into my A4 2003 previously i had nav plus DX cd version i ordered a wiring plug from Kufatec the navigation works fine shows in the instrument cluster but only if i turn the sat nav off and back on again but i can live with that. its my CD changer thats the problem when i connect the nav plus up i can here it loading the CDs and it lights up, but i cant choose any cds from the changer it is the glove box 6 disc changer and its the C revision, it worked fine with my old nav plus. the only thing i havnt done is code the car using VAG but i am not sure that i have too as everything else works fine it works the BOSE system perfect could it be that i havnt coded it using VAG or would the coding i had done on my old nav plus be ok. i have e mailed Kufatec but very difficult to understand what they mean in their e mails they keep saying "Please control the ground cable" could anyone HELP PLEASE !!!!! :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
You have to code your RNS-E system.
It's very important to let the system know, you're running a CD Changer

Good luck,
tony

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Powertony is right, the first thing should be to check the coding in STG 56 and make sure that the RNS-E is coded to support a CD changer. If you have no TV and no multi function steering wheel, the last digit in STG 56 / Function 07 should be 3 (default is 1).

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your help i have just tried to hook up my nokia hands free tel - and + and tel mute and thats not working either would this be because its not coded with the VAG

·
Registered
149 Posts
that's exactly the same problem my friend.

Without the coding of all the devices like CD Changer, Telephone etc. it won't work..

So.. get yourself VAGCOM and configure your unit.. tadaa.. problems solved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The real problem is that the C revision of glovebox CD Changers didn't work together with RNS-E.
I changed my C revision glovebox CD Changer to one without an revision (pre A revision) and it works !

But before you change your CD Changer config your RNS-E by using
VAG-COM. If the Changer still doesn't work check the following connects
at the Kufatec adapter.

CDC Data In from RNS-E to CDC Data Out to CD Changer and
CDC Data Out from RNS-E to CDC Data In to CD Changer.

If this all is OK you have to change the CD Changer.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Daniel78 said:
The real problem is that the C revision of glovebox CD Changers didn't work together with RNS-E.
I changed my C revision glovebox CD Changer to one without an revision (pre A revision) and it works !
That's interesating since I thought I read before that all glovebox changers should work. Can you tell us which "C" part # exactly you had and what exactly didn't work? Some reported that the changer would power up but couldn't get controlled although the RNS-E found a changer, some other reported that the RNS-E couldn't even see the changer.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
We have just tried a C version and non C version and both work ok.

Craig

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
craigyb said:
We have just tried a C version and non C version and both work ok.
Craig, did you test 8E0 035 111C or 8E0 057 111C or even a non 8E0 changer?

Thanks,
Dirk

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
8E0 035 111C was already installed, we tested a 8E0 035 111

Both worked.

Craig

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Changer that i had was a 8E0 035 111 C an it didn't work. You can load and eject CDs, it lights up the buttons but i can't select a CD from RNS-E. First problem was a bad prepared Kufatec-Adapter, i had to switch CDC-Data-In and CDC-Data-Out on RNS-E but the installed 8E0 035 111 C Changer didn't work. So i changed them with a 8E0 035 111 Changer and it works very well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts