Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:oops: can anyone help me i have installed my RNS E into my A4 2003 previously i had nav plus DX cd version i ordered a wiring plug from Kufatec the navigation works fine shows in the instrument cluster but only if i turn the sat nav off and back on again but i can live with that. its my CD changer thats the problem when i connect the nav plus up i can here it loading the CDs and it lights up, but i cant choose any cds from the changer it is the glove box 6 disc changer and its the C revision, it worked fine with my old nav plus. the only thing i havnt done is code the car using VAG but i am not sure that i have too as everything else works fine it works the BOSE system perfect could it be that i havnt coded it using VAG or would the coding i had done on my old nav plus be ok. i have e mailed Kufatec but very difficult to understand what they mean in their e mails they keep saying "Please control the ground cable" could anyone HELP PLEASE !!!!! :D

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Powertony is right, the first thing should be to check the coding in STG 56 and make sure that the RNS-E is coded to support a CD changer. If you have no TV and no multi function steering wheel, the last digit in STG 56 / Function 07 should be 3 (default is 1).

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your help i have just tried to hook up my nokia hands free tel - and + and tel mute and thats not working either would this be because its not coded with the VAG

·
Registered
2 Posts
The real problem is that the C revision of glovebox CD Changers didn't work together with RNS-E.
I changed my C revision glovebox CD Changer to one without an revision (pre A revision) and it works !

But before you change your CD Changer config your RNS-E by using
VAG-COM. If the Changer still doesn't work check the following connects
at the Kufatec adapter.

CDC Data In from RNS-E to CDC Data Out to CD Changer and
CDC Data Out from RNS-E to CDC Data In to CD Changer.

If this all is OK you have to change the CD Changer.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Daniel78 said:
The real problem is that the C revision of glovebox CD Changers didn't work together with RNS-E.
I changed my C revision glovebox CD Changer to one without an revision (pre A revision) and it works !
That's interesating since I thought I read before that all glovebox changers should work. Can you tell us which "C" part # exactly you had and what exactly didn't work? Some reported that the changer would power up but couldn't get controlled although the RNS-E found a changer, some other reported that the RNS-E couldn't even see the changer.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
We have just tried a C version and non C version and both work ok.

Craig

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
craigyb said:
We have just tried a C version and non C version and both work ok.
Craig, did you test 8E0 035 111C or 8E0 057 111C or even a non 8E0 changer?

Thanks,
Dirk

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
8E0 035 111C was already installed, we tested a 8E0 035 111

Both worked.

Craig

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Changer that i had was a 8E0 035 111 C an it didn't work. You can load and eject CDs, it lights up the buttons but i can't select a CD from RNS-E. First problem was a bad prepared Kufatec-Adapter, i had to switch CDC-Data-In and CDC-Data-Out on RNS-E but the installed 8E0 035 111 C Changer didn't work. So i changed them with a 8E0 035 111 Changer and it works very well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.