Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Today, i am installing an RNS-E into my 2005 A4

Straightforward, as i am taking out the Symphony II, so it is pretty much plug and play.

However, i wondered if anyone can help me out with the pin-outs on the glovebox mounted cd changer.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Grant.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a mini-iso cable, so in theory, should just be able to take the pins out of the connector, and populate the OE connector which is currently unpopulated (as the CD changer was obviously built-in on the symphony unit)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Please tell us more about what you are trying to do.

Did your A4 come preinstalled with the glovebox CDC?

Your 2005 A4 will already have the prewiring for the SAT tuner, so you have three wires that were going into your Sym II that provided sound input only. The gbox changer is wired a bit differently.

If you want both SAT (XM/Sirius) and gbox changer, then you will need to run three wires to the sat tuner in the trunk for audio pass through.

You can purchase the gbox cdc cable and just insert 6 of the 9 pins into your existing 20 pin connector and then reroute the other three (that would normally have gone into #18, #19 and #20) to the T8s connector (#3, #4, #8) at the SAT tuner. Not too hard. This way, you can plug in the oem gbox cdc or an ipod interface for control via the rnse etc.

See also quicklinks for pinouts of rnse and related info via www.nsxjr.com

Good luck!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for the reply!

The car is a 2005 spec A4 avant (euro)

The car was supplied with a Symphony headunit.
The Symphony is double din, so has the integrated six disc changer - so nothing in the glovebox.

I have got the components from Albert to fit the following:
RNS-E navigation unit
Glovebox mounted six disc changer.
GPS aerial
Antenna diversity adapter
Cable adapter to fit nav unit to audi harness.
CD changer cable

I think the CD changer cable that I have is this one:
http://shop.kufatec.de/product_info...erkabel-Audi-Handschuhfach-Mini-Iso-1-5m.html

It is for the older style system (perhaps Symphony 1 or Chorus) as the stereo end does not integrate with the Quad-Lock plug.

The cable that I think I need is this one: http://shop.kufatec.de/product_info.php/info/p216_CD-Wechslerkabel-RNS-E-Handschuhfach-Quadlock.html

If I can re-home the cables into the spare slots, I will be up and away, without the need to purchase a new adapter cable.

Thanks for your help![/url]

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I posted the pinouts in the schematics section earlier this year. Search for glovebox changer and you should find it pretty quickly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for your help NSX JR - i found the pinout, and it has answered my questions!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts