Audi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Shame it has errors on the first page I looked at ...

It lists the 2006 B7 RS4 Avant as having:

1) indirect injection. Wrong! - it's a direct injection FSI engine.

2) 5 valves per cylinder. Wrong! - it's got 4 valves per cylinder (there simply isn't room for 5 valves, a spark plug and an injector).

3) it lists the standard tyres as 255/40 ZR 18. That's not correct in all markets, for example in the UK the standard tyres are 255/35 ZR 19.

4) it shows the factory top speed as 155mph (250kph), but then shows a (pointless?) simulation giving top speed as 182mph (293kph) and giving acceleration times to 160mph and 270kph.

Seems like more checking of the content is needed...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just corrected.

Thanks a lot, it's very valuable feedback.

Simulated top speed of 293 km/h shows how fast it would drive without electronic speed restriction of 250.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Simulated top speed of 293 km/h shows how fast it would drive without electronic speed restriction of 250.
Owners have found that the "limit" of 250km/h is actally not set rigidly at 250km/h but is actually nearer to 270km/h - checked using GPS ddevices not the (inaccurate) speedometer.

On a more general note - if I found that many errors in the entry for the car I own, I have to assume that a similar number of errors may exist in all the entries - which makes me unable to believe any of the information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a more general note - if I found that many errors in the entry for the car I own, I have to assume that a similar number of errors may exist in all the entries - which makes me unable to believe any of the information.
Ha, then my bad luck is you just found one of very few errors that could be found there...

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Ha, then my bad luck is you just found one of very few errors that could be found there...
Hmm... we'll see if that's true if/when owners of other models report errors?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yet more faults and errors. The engine for the B7 RS4 is not manufactured by 'Volkswagen Group', its power is rated to DIN/EN standards not SAE, and it was sold in considerably more markets than the US and North America!

Maybe you ought to state that your 'Catalog' (sic) is restricted to just North American markets, and doesn't represent a world-wide view. And maybe you ought to differenciate between marque and manufacturer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts