Audi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone hooked up the RSN-E as a monitor to use with a real computer/carputer? How well does the screen work for this.

Thinking about taking a "carputer" and hardwiring it to the OBDII so I can use VAG-COM/Limmiiwinks etc. (do logging and tuning on the car) just by switching over to the vidoe input. Obviously I would need some sort of mouse and keyboard to link to it also.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Two issues: Finding a video adapter with the right resolution (400x240 IIRC) and enabling video in motion to have access to the carputer while driving.

I don't think that converting the RBG signal to S-video and using a Dietz is a usable approach. Therefore someone would need to figure out what kind of RGB signal the TV tuner (or Dietz) produces and then find a display adapter that supports that resolution. With a USB2CAN adapter the carputer could emulate a TV tuner and be controlled via RNS-E.

Definitely an interesting project for someone with the right skills. There is a group of guys who offer this for the RNS-D (www.3pmdev.de) but nobody has figured out how to connect a carputer to the RNS-E yet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, unfortuantely I am NOT the guy with the right skills for that job.

I would be VERY usefull to be able to diagnos the car without having to hook up my laptop every time. (obviously more of an issue for those of us with highly modified and problematic S4s)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts