Audi Forum banner

CarPC Project

208K views 414 replies 72 participants last post by  coucouillu 
So I read through almost this entire thread and it seems that the grandtec ultlimate xp pro is no longer the way to go as in it doesnt work anymore? So what is the best way to convert pc (vga, dvi, etc) to RGBS?

I saw this Gefen Inc. - DVI to RGBS w/Scaler but I have no idea if it would work but if it does, it would allow DVI input. I emailed the company to ask what the sync signal rate is, hopefully its 15kHz. Even if it does work its about $250 it seems. The Grandtec looked like the best solution until it was reported that they don't work now.
I've started my RNS-E project with raspberry pi and openauto (android auto / apple carplay) one year ago and just wanted to let you and other people, who will find this thread know:
-I bought this Gefen DVI to RGBS with Scaler (EXT-DVI-2-RGBSS) from ebay for 80€
-https://www.gefen.com/wp-content/uploads/ext-dvi-2-rgbss.pdf
-Made my own RGBS (BNC) to 32 PIN RNS-E Plug (pictures)
-It works and looks deninitly better than HDMI to AV or something else
-But i had to set the resolution of the scaler to 480i (not p), otherwise the picture is half cutted off

I have a Audi A4 Avant 2001 with RNS-E 2010 (LED) from Seat (3R0 035 192)

If anyone has questions, feel free to contact me :)
Chris

Gadget Audio equipment Communication Device Vehicle audio Multimedia
Circuit component Electrical wiring Hardware programmer Gadget Electronic engineering
Finger Thumb Nail Material property Red