Audi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any other way to remove the RNS-E other than with the radio keys? the top right key will not engage and therefore the radio will not release. I need to check the speed signal but I am unable to remove the radio. Is there any other way to remove it?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If I recall correctly, the faceplate is mounted with multiple screws and cannot be easily taken off. However, when I first removed my Symphony, I had the same issue. We found it much easier to remove the HU with two people, one on each side, pushing the removal keys as much as possible to the inside. The unit was stuck when I tried it alone but with four hands we could remove it just fine. Just an idea...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, the problem is that one of my keys is not engaging. it feels like there is nothing for it to catch. the unit moves out about a quarter of and inch, but will not come out. its almost as if it is stuck on something else. was this the same when you were trying to remove yours?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
No, once I got it out the first 3rd of an inch it was free and easlily removed completely.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Since it's the top right latch, is it worth trying taking the glovebox out and trying to insert a screwdriver from behind to compress the locking latch?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts