Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I need your help, i can't recode my rns-e.
Current value 0329213, and i'd like to put 0319215 but it's impossible, my rns-e don't save the new value.

Have someone had the same problem?

Need help thx..

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Hi,

you almost give the anwers yourself in the title of your topic: Can't recode my rns-e with vag 409.1 & third party interface..:

1. Your VAG version is to old. Current = Release 607.3
2. Problems can occure while using a third party interface: use the original Ross/Tech interface.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: Can't recode my rns-e with vag 409.1 & third party inter

tails said:
Hello,

Current value 0329213, and i'd like to put 0319215 but it's impossible, my rns-e don't save the new value.

Need help thx..
Lots of people have reported this problem here (a search would have found them), the only cure is to use a newer version of VAG-COM - which means using a different (probably genuine) cable.

All of the problems of this type that have been reported have been solved by using VAG-COM 607 and a genuine Ross-Tech cable.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
tails said:
Hello,

Need help thx..
Try 0309215 instead. The "1" in the third digit is only for cabriolet. If that does not work, then you need to scrap your third party interface and get the real thing. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
102 Posts
what car do you have? I have audi b6 2002 and it worked.... but you need the real version not shareware. I use 409.1 and a dual kkl line non ross tech. without problems...

357 Posts
So is the general consensus that as long as you have a full version of 409.1 and not the shareware, it doesn't matter which brand of cable you use to recode the navi?

I didn't think ross-tech allowed recoding with the shareware version, as that would only be available on the full version.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
[email protected][dartmouth said:
]So is the general consensus that as long as you have a full version of 409.1 and not the shareware, it doesn't matter which brand of cable you use to recode the navi?

I didn't think ross-tech allowed recoding with the shareware version, as that would only be available on the full version.
409.1 MIGHT do all you need to recode the RNS-E, but it will almost certainly not be enough to recode the Bluetooth interface if you add that at a later date.

I say MIGHT because it seems to work OK for some people, but not for others. The only 100% guaranteed to "work straight out of the box" solution is the Ross Tech cable.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
change 0329213 to 0329111 or 0309111 or 0301111
onvce code is saved, you will be able to recode it any way you want.

Some of the values are related to each other and it will be impossible to change one while it is corrupting the other one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello!

I have a similar problems, with VAG 311-2 or VAG 409-1 i cant get into modul37-Navigation, or modul 56-Radio to recoding my new installation of NAVI RNS-E in my 2004 Audi A4. Is problem only in version of
VAG or something is missing in my A4. Please Help me!! My RNS-E works fine (MP3, CD, Radio,..) only navigation doesnt work. My SW is 550 an Hw is 46 after I inserted a 2007 DVD West Europe. What to do now!

Regards, Matej

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I would say it could be VAG hardware or software issue.
Try to update your VAG software to the latest and reset last 4 digits to 1. If this doesn't work then you need better VAG tool.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
matej74 said:
I have a similar problems, with VAG 311-2 or VAG 409-1 i cant get into modul37-Navigation, or modul 56-Radio to recoding my new installation of NAVI RNS-E in my 2004 Audi A4. Is problem only in version of VAG or something is missing in my A4.
I would say that in 99.9% of cases the problem is the old version of VAG-COM.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
matej74 said:
I tried and it worked. Must be VAG 6 or higher.
I wonder how many more times we need to learn this ???

I'll say it again, the ONLY reliable way to code an RNS-E and the Bluetooth interface is with a genuine VAG-COM cable AND VAG-COM version 6xx or 7xx.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the VAG-COM cable is not original Ross-Tech stuff and therefore I doubt that they are authorized to sell that cable

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ross-Tech policy is that you can use aftermarket leads, as long as one buys the software from them, if I am not mistaken.

I removed the link, until it is clear.
Lauri

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
lauriv said:
Ross-Tech policy is that you can use aftermarket leads, as long as one buys the software from them, if I am not mistaken.

I removed the link, until it is clear.
Lauri
If you buy a Ross-tech lead the cost includes registration and support for both the hardware and the VAG-COM software.

If you buy a third party lead then Ross-Tech will not provide any support for your lead, but you can pay a registration fee ($99 IIRC) to register and get support for the VAG-COM software. So you will be between the lead manufacturer and Ross-Tech in the event of any problems .....

To me getting full support from one supplier makes it worth the cost of a genuine Ross-Tech lead. But that's only my opinion as a happy customer ...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Ross Tech is not licensing the manufacturing of HEX-CAN cables to anybody and those who sell original Ross Tech cables won't make a loss of $200 on each cable. So the only logical explanation is that those cables are cloned cables without a valid serial number and without support. If someone buys one of those cables, VAG-COM will work until they Ross Tech excludes that cloned serial number from the auto-activation in VAG-COM and people will be stuck with older versions of VAG-COM and no support (after paying propably $150 incl. shipping for that cable). The only way to get the real stuff is to get the cable from Ross-Tech or one of its licensed distributors.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.