Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Audi A6
I was having so much fun with my RNS-E (re-wiring Can-bus, running gala wires, etc)
My amp wasn't powering up in the trunk after I turned on the car - I had to move the blue wire to d-13 from where it was for my old symp unit.
Now, whenever I put in a mp3 disc - it says "emtpy" and spits it back out at me like a bad meal or, when i put the nav disc in, it reconizes it, but when i hit the cd close button, it spits the disc back out at me....
How's that for odd - any ideas?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Did you close the session? The RNS-E seems to be picky with CD-R that are not closed.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
further information:
I turned power off to the radio from the back, then plugged it back in. It asks for my pin. I enter the first number, try to go to the second, and the second I click on the second, the rns-e locks up tigher than a monks ass.
Now, I can't even enter 1 number without the box locking up.
I've tried turning it off, resetting it, pulling power from the back and letting it sit for a while....
any ideas?

·
Registered
258 Posts
if there is a disc or sd card inside the unit, take it out. it is possible that it is locking up because there is a fault on the disc

if you cant take it out using the eject button, unplug the power and use some tools to attempt to remove the disc manually.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm guessing there isn't a nice easy hole to stick a paperclip in to get the screen down and cd out eh? :)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you have a VAG-COM, connect to #37 and you will be abe to open the screen even with the being unit locked.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems my rns-e is officially useless of less than a week!
It turns on, lets me enter in the first number of the pin, then when i press the button for the second number of the pin, it just locks up.
*sighs*

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright - solved
Shawnie - you were technically right, just for the wrong reasons. The disc that was stuck in there is my NAV disc that works flawlessly.
However, I forceably managaged to get the lcd screen to slide down - partly in thanks to a guide I found on here on how to remove the motherboard. It pretty much says to firmly make the screen come down using your fingers. I couldn't get my fingers in there, but i was able to use the padded side of the radio removal tools to gently work the bottom portion of the lcd out enough to use my fingers to pull it down partially.
From there, I did a soft reset (radio + setup) and it ejected the disc which I quickly snatched the disc away from the mean unit!!
Then, I did a hard reboot (probably not necessary) by holding the power/mute/volume nob for 30 seconds (the speakers make a loud noise when the reset is complete).
Then, the unit took my pin graciously!
If anyone has any questions - feel free to ask - Thanks again Shawn!
Case Closed!
I'm going to add some keywords so this post will show up in a future search for related info:

Pin locked
Reset unit
Reset rns-e
reset nav
reset nav+
pin not accepted

·
Registered
258 Posts
glad to hear :) i think it may have just not been in properly and therefore had reading problems which froze the unit :D happy its no longer a paperweight!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts