Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been collecting various modules (RNS-E + 6xCD + TV + BT) and I have them all connected up on my workbench - I want to make sure everything works OK before fitting them to by 2005 A4 Cab.

So far I have got everything working except for the BT Module (All leads are from Kufatec) which does not appear to be recognised. I get the same screen when I select TEL, regardless of whether the BT unit is actually plugged in or not.

Looking at various threads I think that either or both the RNS-E & BT modules may need coding before they will see each other, but as they are not yet in the car I don't see how I can use VAG-Com+USB I/F to programme them.

So I was wondering if there was any other way to set-up the two units ?

Has anyone knocked up an interface to allow these units to be programmed on the work bench ?

I also have a colour DIS to fit, but I'm leaving that alone for the moment.

I have bought a spare (brand new) A4 Dash unit very cheap that I thought I might disassemble to see how difficult a job it will be.

RNS-E (C) SW=0460 HW=H54 (SDS menu present in Eng Mode.)

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

Regards, Dave - G6HNI

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Search for benchtesting the RNS-E. There should be several topics on how to get a VAG-COM cable connected to a bench test setup. If the BT interface is brand new or already coded for an A4 you should be able to connect to it with an original VAG-COM cable. Clones usually don't work with the NBT interface. And you may need to connect the cluster to get the BT interface working properly.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Colour DIS?

I don't think you will have any success with swapping that with your red one, it is a new cluster or nothing.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have actually bought a new cluster very cheap, but it is for the <2004 A4 I think, rather than my 2005 A4 Cab, but it does has all the same dials/buttons/etc and it's in MPH !

I did read something about the mileometer having to be <150km or something somewhere ???

Also anyone know where you can get the OBD connector (chassis half) ?

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts