Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all! I have a strange question that I hope someone can help me out or point me in the right direction. I have installed a Blaupunkt Travel Pilot in my '98 A8. Works perfectly. GALA hooked up and everything is fine. It's pretty much an RNS-D with a seperate screen.

Problem is, I want to hook up the can-bus to the DIS to get the dash display going. The Travel Pilot has a CAN-LO and a CAN-HIGH out (again - same as RNS-D), but where do I patch in behind the dash for these wires? My '98 pre-facelift A8 only has the clock/data wires at the radio. My dash is digital clock. I know that the A4 and A6 guys are patching in to can-bus behind the dash cluster. Anyone know where I can patch this in?? What wires ... colors for A8????

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
996 Posts
there should be some info on www.audipages.com

In the D2 A8, the canbus "slots" are either in the grey or the blue harness behind the cluster.

I'm not fully certain if the canbus wires/pins will do anything for you here. The digital clock rule with the D2 A8 might not apply here...as it does in the B5 and C5 world.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts