Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy's,

I have fitted a RNS-E unit into a 2001 RS4, with the help of this site. amost everything works fine except the blue tooth. I've read and re-read everything i can find, but can't find the answer in plain old black and white.

My phone pairs fine. but nothing shows on the screen? Can someone give me all the numbers/codes i have to tap into vagcom, please?

I'm not sure what you need to know. I'm in the UK and do not have a multi function steering wheel??

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
It could be one or both of two things.

First, the RNS-E has to be coded so it knows that you have a Bluetooth interface present.
Your RNS-E coding is probably something like 300111, you need to change that to something like 300711.

Second, the Bluetooth interface has to be coded to know that an RNS-E is present.
If the coding of your Bluetooth is currently 00xxx, change that to 10xxx - that enables the "extended" functionality.

If it won't take that coding then you have a Bluetooth module that is too old and will not work full with the RNS-E. If that happens tell us the suffix letter of the module.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, i know it's me, but i just can't get it to work. I go into electronics 1 then 77 telephone... coding 07
software code is highlighted and she is asking me for a 7 digit code. the code above only has 6???? If I enter 6 digits she reverts back to the 7 digit code allready entered. Am i in the wrong place??

Through trial and error the code at the mo is 0000702. the phone connects and works but display says "telephone is not available"
though it bloody is.

Tell me where i am being stupied, please guys.

Thanks Bruce

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
brucelubbers said:
OK, i know it's me, but i just can't get it to work. I go into electronics 1 then 77 telephone... coding 07
software code is highlighted and she is asking me for a 7 digit code. the code above only has 6???? If I enter 6 digits she reverts back to the 7 digit code allready entered. Am i in the wrong place??

Through trial and error the code at the mo is 0000702. the phone connects and works but display says "telephone is not available"
though it bloody is.

Tell me where i am being stupied, please guys.

Thanks Bruce
Try to change the code from 0000702 to 0010722.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
If the module is an 8P0 862 335 "D" it will not accept the 10722 coding.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guy's i have tried just about every combination of seven didgts (except the right one) is it possible there is something else wrong??

Everything works, the phone pairs, it mutes, hands free is fine the dis shows who's calling, but no phone available showing on the units screen???

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What is the part number of your phone interface?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
When you connect to the BT module with VAG-COM it will show you the part number - something like 8P0 862 335 followed by a letter.

The letter is the important part...

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Coding should be like this

Telephone module 0010722
RNS-E 0xxx7xx

When you have coded the RNS-E, reset it with holding Radio/Setup for 10 seconds.

For telephone to work and your software disk should be 0330 or higher.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Craig, i know i'm doing something wrong so i'll go step by step and you can please tell me where.

i have the vag plugged in - eletronics1 - phone77 - coding07 - at this stage the only thing i can change is "softcode" where i enter 0010722 - i then log out - reset radio and that's it. am i missing something?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
When you have coded the telephone module (77) to 0010722, you also need to change the RNS-E (56) to add 7 at the 3rd digit, so whatever you have now becomes 0xxx7xx. Then you reset the radio.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts