Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After successfully retrofitting the rns-e into my b5 with a can-simulator, functionally the unit operates fine i.e. lights, ignition, and the unit doesnt turn off after an hour!

So the simulator seems to be doing its job. my question is, with my old concert deck the radio/music source information used to come up within the DIS. Now i know i cant code the rns-e to talk to my dash for the navigation etc because i have no can, but if my concert deck could pass the radio/music source up to the cluster over the factory loom, shouldnt the rns-e be able to do the same?

Am i making sense? let me know if i havent been clear.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Your concert passed information over CLK/DATA/ENABLE wires which the RNS-E doesn't have.

Take a look on the lid of your old stereo.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response. so is there no way i can custom run those wires from the rns-e? does the rns-e pass these same signals via the can-bus?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There is no converter that would translate all messages for the 3 wire bus to CAN and vice versa and therefore the is no way that you RNS-E will ever talk to the instrument cluster in your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.