Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the RNS-E fitted to the car for only one week and have already managed to damage the screen!

Please tell me these can be replaced without having to fit a complete new RNS-E to the car?

Does anyone know where I can get a screen from or any other info/part numbers?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
RNS-E Screen replacement

Hey,

Over the weekend I replaced the EEPROM board (brain) of my RNS-E which involved removing the screen. If you can find a screen in good condition, the actual replacement is do-able as long as you're willing to be careful and patient taking the unit apart. Once you have the LCD out, it's not that big a deal to reconnect it.

Over the next few days, I should be posting a step-by-step account of how to replace the EEPROM and in that, there will be a portion that shows how to remove and disconnect the screen. Keep an eye out for the PDF and good luck!

Best regards,
Evan

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
martin55 said:
I have lcd with small scratch for sale

remove lcd is very easy
only 3 black screws under lcd ( lcd must be opened )
PM sent regarding the screen. Can you post a picture so I can see the extent of the scratch on the screen?

I am happy to remove the screen from the RNS-E, looks pretty straightforward from what I can see.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
be careful with removing the screws: looks simple, but they are very tight fitted, and the material is soft. Using the wrong screw driver will let you end up with a damaged screw you will never get removed anymore (and so you can't replace your screen)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts