Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my euro rns-e unit and adapter etc. My car is a UK A3 8P with BOSE and symphony II.

So I have got my old symph out ok. On looking at my plug and play adapter there is nothing connected on the quad lock end to the bose pin. However the k line is connected at the other end( Where the Symph II used to plug in) to where the bose pin should go to. So I removed the k line lead from the quad lock and place it in the bose pin slot in the quad lock. I then powered up the unit and it works fine, all spesakers work great and the sound is good. So after reading on here i see the k line is for vag com coding. so I need this cable in place so where should it run to on the old symph plugs?

Are there any spare cables on the adapter I can use to replace the k line lead as I am using the original one for the bose pin?

Also it sounds like the amp is permanantly running as there is a small hissing sound from the speakers even with the ignition off. I have read another post on here i think that explains how to check it, is this what i should be doing?

Also why when I switch the unit back on after powering it off do i not get the MMI screen? Is this only when the unit has been off for a while.

Sorry about the long winded post, I hope you get my drift!

Hope you all had a good christmas

Terry

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
In the 8P you won't need the K line, diagnostics is done via CAN in your case. The hissing is normal because the RNS-E only goes into some kind of stand-by mode when you remove the key. That also explains why you don't see the boot screen. Sit in the car, open the window and then lock it via remote. After a couple of minutes you should hear the hissing stop and the RNS-E screen changing color. As soon as you unlock your car the RNS-E will wake up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts