Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend car is 2003 A6 with small DIS.
This car install RNS-E must connect the CAN BUS simulator can just operate normally.
At now, he install the multimedia interface("conexx" brand) and the DVD player.
But can't work.(TV menu disappear)
Weird is, if remove CAN BUS simulator then TV menu appear, and DVD play OK.

How to solve? Does the anyone know?
Thx first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
You would need to check if you have colisions on your CAN. There are certain rules on how CAN devices should act and either the CAN bus simulator or the TV tuner simulator may not follow all standards, your CAN may actually go into protected mode. I guess you have all CAN wires connected to a start network, do you? Are all the wires twisted?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Just to expand on what AudiA4B6US is saying. If you had the TV option before you installed the multimedia interface, that means the CAN bus simulator must be sending the TV enable message. When you installed the Multimedia interface, it will also be sending the TV enable message, and it is illegal for two devices to send messages with the same message ID, as the message ID is used for arbitration. If this is the case, you will definitely have CAN bus collisions and corruptions.

Is there an option to turn of TV enble in the CAN bus simulator? If so, that will probably solve your problem.

I assume the small DIS means that the cluster is not CAN enabled? Never seen that before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
You would need to check if you have colisions on your CAN. There are certain rules on how CAN devices should act and either the CAN bus simulator or the TV tuner simulator may not follow all standards, your CAN may actually go into protected mode. I guess you have all CAN wires connected to a start network, do you? Are all the wires twisted?
hi, Dirk.
Your suggestion is: should I try to find the grey instrument cluster connector first,
If can find out, then do not need the CAN bus simulator ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bjarne said:
Just to expand on what AudiA4B6US is saying. If you had the TV option before you installed the multimedia interface, that means the CAN bus simulator must be sending the TV enable message. When you installed the Multimedia interface, it will also be sending the TV enable message, and it is illegal for two devices to send messages with the same message ID, as the message ID is used for arbitration. If this is the case, you will definitely have CAN bus collisions and corruptions.

Is there an option to turn of TV enble in the CAN bus simulator? If so, that will probably solve your problem.

I assume the small DIS means that the cluster is not CAN enabled? Never seen that before.
Sorry, I did not state very clear.
first experiment: install Alone RNS-E---->work, but 30 minutes close.
second experiment: RNS-E and multimedia interface---->TV option appear, can play DVD, but 30 minutes close.
third experiment: RNS-E and CAN bus simulator-----> No TV option. work is perfect and still open.
fourth experiment: RNS-E , CAN bus simulator and multimedia interface---->same to third experiment.

So the CAN bus simulator can't enable TV option. But why impact with multimedia interface?
I tried two kinds of CAN bus simulator , the result is same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
What does you CAN look like? How are the three CAN devices connected together?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
What does you CAN look like? How are the three CAN devices connected together?
OK, I will watch the inside.

Can I guess the small DIS none Infotainment CAN certainly?

Because I found the Small DIS(2003 A6 2.4) having 17-->channel 62:




The Big DIS(2004 A6 2.7T) having 17-->channel 62:


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
What does you CAN look like? How are the three CAN devices connected together?
Hi, Dirk.
This is 03 A6(small DIS) instrument clusters and panel. Can't find grey connector.
Whether does this car has no Infotainment CAN really? Or lack some key modules?



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
Based on what has been posted so far, a C5 cluster without the grey plug does not have a Infotainment CAN.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Based on what has been posted so far, a C5 cluster without the grey plug does not have a Infotainment CAN.
Very thanks. :)
So must change the instrument clusters. :cry:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top