Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one help me with cable instruction on audi a4/a6 inside mirrow???
i have a inside mirrow with dimmer but i dont know how to wire the cables to power up the dimmer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
destroi35,

The pictures that you have post is from a mirror that doesn't is compatible with a A4 B6. That mirror is for B7, 8P or the new A6's. The bigger difference is in the connector zone, that in the B6 case is more small. For a B6 you will need a mirror like this:

To connect the mirror, I recommend that you buy this harness in kufatec store:

KUFATEC GmbH - Kabelsatz automatisch abbl. Innenspiegel Audi A4 B6 33852
(I use that in my retrofit).

If you just want to have the mirror working, you just have to pass the cable from downside to the mirror through the pilar A. Then you have to:
- connect the mirror to the connector of the harness;
- connect the cable that is next to the mirror connector to the pin1 of the plafonier connector
- connect the mass to any point of mass of your car
- connect the 12V to the pin1 of the light switch connector

The rest of cables you can leave. You will need it for other mods! ;)
And the result will be this:

·
Registered
108 Posts
not the conector zone is the problem.... i want to know to each wire where to put form mirrow socket to where...... socket from picture 4
can you help me?
Like I said, the best way is buy the kufatec harness.... but if your intention is to put that mirror on a B6, you never can get it because the socket in the glass is different from B6 to B7.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
i want to know each wire to where to go ...this is my question. you understand me? i want to know.
But you've been told that the mirror will NOT FIT onto the glass, so there is NO POINT connecting the wire. You must get the B6 mirror and not the B7 mirror.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've got this from kufatec.de
It's for A3 8P interior mirror
Wire configuration:
Black – Ignition plus (Fuse box)
Brown – Ground point A- column driver site behind the cover
Blue/ Red – Rear view signal, vehicle on board control system - connector E - PIN
11 (soldering)
Red – Steady plus (Fuse box)
Violet – control line wiper actuator - vehicle on board control system –
connector F - PIN 3 (soldering)

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is the diagram for the retrofit of Auto Lights, Coming Home and Anti-Dazzling mirror:

I think that will answer to your questions and doubts...

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have just purchase the Kufatec wiring harness for my auto dimmimg rear view mirro, but there is no wiring diagram, and all the cables are grey!!!!. a few of them have connector pins crimped on, but thats it. I am not getting anywhere with Kufatec. Anyone got a wiring diagram they can scan and post on the forum?

Regards

Rich

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have just purchase the Kufatec wiring harness for my auto dimmimg rear view mirro, but there is no wiring diagram, and all the cables are grey!!!!. a few of them have connector pins crimped on, but thats it. I am not getting anywhere with Kufatec. Anyone got a wiring diagram they can scan and post on the forum?

Regards

Rich
But the grey cables have something write on them... Check it better... ;) I have bought my wiring harness in kufatec too...

·
Registered
868 Posts
But the grey cables have something write on them... Check it better... ;) I have bought my wiring harness in kufatec too...
Yes the cables do have the connections on, but unfrotunately all in German.

INNENLEUCHTE
MASSE
AUSSENSPIEGEI
AUSSENSPIEGEL
ROCKFAHRSIGNAL
SICHERUNG

Can anyone translate these, as my German is rather rusty.....

Regards

Rich

·
Registered
108 Posts
INNENLEUCHTE - Interior light
MASSE - Mass
AUSSENSPIEGEI - Exterior mirror
AUSSENSPIEGEL - Exterior mirror
ROCKFAHRSIGNAL - Light sensor signal
SICHERUNG - 12V

In my case (2004 A4 B6) just to put just the auto dimming function work, I just connect the mass to a point in the car chassis and the 12V to the pin 1 of my light switch connector. It's important that the 12V be conect to a point that have 12V just when the ignition is on.

The interior ligaht and light sensor signal are to connect to the central electrics module, and it just apply in car with highline electrical installation.

The exterior mirror are to connect one to each mirror side. You will need that your exterior mirror supports that function.

In a A4 B6 (2001-2004) the connections are like the diagram that I put in the other post... to other models I don't no if are differences...

·
Registered
868 Posts
INNENLEUCHTE - Interior light
MASSE - Mass
AUSSENSPIEGEI - Exterior mirror
AUSSENSPIEGEL - Exterior mirror
ROCKFAHRSIGNAL - Light sensor signal
SICHERUNG - 12V

In my case (2004 A4 B6) just to put just the auto dimming function work, I just connect the mass to a point in the car chassis and the 12V to the pin 1 of my light switch connector. It's important that the 12V be conect to a point that have 12V just when the ignition is on.

The interior ligaht and light sensor signal are to connect to the central electrics module, and it just apply in car with highline electrical installation.

The exterior mirror are to connect one to each mirror side. You will need that your exterior mirror supports that function.

In a A4 B6 (2001-2004) the connections are like the diagram that I put in the other post... to other models I don't no if are differences...
Thank you very much, this is most helpful, but one quick question regarding the Interior Light. What is this wire connected to?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thank you very much, this is most helpful, but one quick question regarding the Interior Light. What is this wire connected to?
The interior light signal is to connect to the central electrical module. This is for when you have your inside (interior) light on (for example when you open a door), that your mirror doesn't need to dim. I hope you understand my bad english... :D

·
Registered
868 Posts
The interior light signal is to connect to the central electrical module. This is for when you have your inside (interior) light on (for example when you open a door), that your mirror doesn't need to dim. I hope you understand my bad english... :D
Thank you Migsan,

Sorry i forgot to ask, but where is the Central Electrical Module located?, Im assuming behind the Glovebox?

Regards

Rich

1 - 20 of 22 Posts