Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All

I have a few questions if you have a minute. My unit is an early unit running in "mixed mode".

System SW index: X---
HU/Navi SW version: V220057B
Boot version: V220100D

I’m currently running a modified 1A DVD so I have no original 1A DVD to make the update CD from. Based on a post from AudiA4B6US I think I can do the following to get out of mixed mode and updte the unit to use my new 2007 DVD. Is this correct?

Take the 5 files from the 2007 US DVD and edit loading.kwi with UltraEdit change the first two occurrences of V222 to V220 and change the version in between to 057C. Edit index.txt and change the NAVVER to V220057C. Create a CD, change channel 97 to 1 and insert the CD.

The RNS-E should see a version mismatch when comparing V220057B in memory and V220057C on the CD and start the update. Let it finish, then confirm channel 97 is still set to 1 and insert the original 2007 US DVD. The RNS-E should update again, this time resetting the sofidx to 0110 and the version numbers in Engineering Mode should match the number in index.txt on the DVD.

Thanks all

Bklyn_S4

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I think you actually need to change your nav ver to something less than 57B (instead of 57C) since you are doing a downgrade. I also would suggest you change the SOFIDX to 0160. Then when you insert the 2007 DVD it will see a downgrade to 0150 from 0160.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NSX - THanks for the reply -
I'm not sure I understand why this would be a downgrade. My unit is an early unit running what I think is SW 0020 (this is according to the files on the modified 1A DVD the SW version on the car is blank).

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Is doesn't really matter. As long as it's not the same version it should start the upgrade/downgrade when you set #36 channel 97 to one, disconnect VAG-COM and insert the CD/DVD.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I emailed you download link with files for 2 step fix process.
Just burn those 2 CDs and after channel is set to 1...load 1CD and then 2nd one.
After that just load 2007 maps and you will get update to 0150

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys -

Thanks guys - I really appreciate the help. I'll give it a go and let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
Is doesn't really matter. As long as it's not the same version it should start the upgrade/downgrade when you set #36 channel 97 to one, disconnect VAG-COM and insert the CD/DVD.
So you're saying that "97 to 1" is more a function to FORCE the unit to load whatever software is on the disc when inserted?

I was under the impression that a value of 1 allowed for a downgrade, and then a value of zero (default) allowed for upgrades.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There is no difference between upgrades and downgrades. A 0 is the default value in channel 97 (only to upgrades), a 1 will force an the RNS-E to load whatever software is on the DVD/CD if a version mismatch (SOFIDX and NAVVER) exists. For updates you usually do not need to change channel 97 because those are automatic. Downgrades are ignored by the RNS-E unless channel 97 is set to 1. In any case the NAVVER has to be from the same region, otherwise the RNS-E will not do an update even with channel 97 set to 1.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Okay, I understand. So with that knowledge, it does not matter if the NAVVER is higher or lower or even exactly the same, as long as the SOFIDX is different, and as long as the navver is from the same region. Correct?

·
Registered
98 Posts
software changes

When you say "Region". Are you saying US, Germany, France, etc?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There are two RNS-E "regions" so far, V222 for North America and V220 for the rest of the world. These regions have nothing to do with the region the map DVD is made for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sucess! Thanks Guys

Just back from vacation and tried the update. Everything went as expected and I'm now at 150 in the right region. Thanks again all.

Bklyn_S4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts